Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We should try for Puncheon or Ojo now. I never wanted Bolasie anyway  :liar:

I’d actually prefer us to go with what we have than to sign Ojo or Puncheon. I don’t think either would improve us enough to prevent the likes of Tav, Wing and Chapman from getting game time.

If we lose to West Brom, very possible, the post match Pulis could be seething on levels not seen since the headbutt incident all those years ago I'm not saying he'll walk but if we get to Friday with nothing to show and 7 days in the window left then lose to West Brom his old club whatever Tony Pulis enters that press room will be in a volatile frame of mind I think it's safe to say.

Basic travelled back to tie up a contractual loose end at Everton 2 days ago now I mean that's something you'd think would be done by today/tomorrow right?

Bolasie's decision may well have come down to the area, but I think in general we have simply reigned ourselves in and become a lot more cautious after what was an expensive and disastrous transfer window with Monk.

No more 'f*** it, go on then - only a few mil than we wanted to pay' style transfers like Fletcher. Besic's agent would have got that extra mil he asked for if this was last Summer, I have no doubt about that.

I get the general gist of what you're saying but I don't think the Fletcher example is great. From all parties it seemed to be the case that we went in with our first offer and they accepted it. I remember Bilic coming out and it seemed like they were shocked at how good the offer was and couldn't say no. It doesn't sound like much negotiating took place. Unless it was a case of us enquiring for a price and they sent us a large starting point fee and we just said yeah.

So to summarise.. we let Martina join Stoke because we thought Bolasie and Besic had both agreed verbally... Bolasie joins Villa and Besic is MIA. I love being a Boro fan and wouldn’t have it any other way.... sigh

I reckon it was more like we were willing to let Martina slip if it meant we could stay in the race for Bolasie. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that we're crossing this one off the list 2 weeks after the perm deadline closed, 9 and a bit days left of the window and we're no closer to signing players who improve us in the wide areas of the pitch. I sincerely hope Braithwaite stays and doesn't issue any kind of ultimatum because I can still see us selling him without replacing if Pulis thinks he doesn't want to be here.

My worry with us is we chase these primary targets and they drag on then we lose out, I don't think we're at fault here, then we all usually sit here talking about who do we have lined up x, y or z then in the end we get a Marvin Johnson or Kei Kamara on the last day because we missed out on either Ryan Kent or Borja Baston respectively. Pulis just can not be happy right now the urgency behind the scenes will just get worse, we'll begin getting more and more desperate over the next 9 days that's my only worry there is still targets on the board we surely can't lose out on all of them.

If we have missed out on the Everton three, then so be it. I really only wanted Besic. If we haven't sussed out good alternatives whilst this saga has been going on then we are very naive. We just need players that will come in and compete with what we have got, not demand a first team place and *** the present squad off. We are doing well and it needs carefully thought out additions.

My worry with us is we chase these primary targets and they drag on then we lose out, I don't think we're at fault here, then we all usually sit here talking about who do we have lined up x, y or z then in the end we get a Marvin Johnson or Kei Kamara on the last day because we missed out on either Ryan Kent or Borja Baston respectively. Pulis just can not be happy right now the urgency behind the scenes will just begin getting more and more desperate over the next 9 days that's my only worry there is still targets on the board we surely can't lose out on all of them.

I'm still not so sure how I feel about Pulis' frustration on these matters. It certainly seems to be partly down to him that we left things so late, trying to get 7 or 8 players over the line on deadline day. It is, as I'm pretty sure he says, how he prefers to do business. Picking up the scraps is something he's been quoted saying a lot and we're not even doing that right now. I like the fella but it seems to me that he has a share of that criticism to take as well.

Although annoying Bolasie has seemingly chose Villa it’s not the end of the world. I’d rather us try really hard for two good wingbacks to fit this system. I know I’ve banged on about it way too much, but really annoyed we didn’t make more of an effort for Bryan, Douglas, or Byram.