oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

So are we saying that we'd rather watch a load of local lads playing mid table rather than a team with a few mercenaries in challenging at the top? Because I personally wouldn't.

I want the best players we can get playing for us.

Unless ofc we hit on lucky that all the youth players we bring in are capable of promotion. But that's unlikely imo.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Villa are massively gambling on going up this year as they can't be touched until end of year but if they don't go up it will all come crumbling down big time.

Let them get the 29 year old mercenaries and pay them 70 grand a week. We have players like hugill who has took a pay cut to come. We might have a small squad but least it players who want to be here.

Hopefully including Braithwaite who is house hunting in area.

I agree, that’s interesting about Braithwaite, is he looking to rent or buy?

It is financial. forget location it's money do we really want players like him at our club I certainly don't. The core team is one of best in division without question. I would rather players like wing to florish than bring in players who couldn't care less. Let's get besic in and a couple more. lots going on. Karma will catch up with villa they are playing an extremely dangerous game.

How is it money though? What can Villa realistically be offering Bolasie that we won't?

I don't disagree about players who want to be here though. So who does want to be here?

It's stuff like accommodation demanding houses that kind of stuff. I am no expert in contracts but a lot can be left out of contracts for fa not too see extra incentives.

So are we saying that we'd rather watch a load of local lads playing mid table rather than a team with a few mercenaries in challenging at the top? Because I personally wouldn't.

Unless ofc we hit on lucky that all the youth players we bring in are capable of promotion. But that's unlikely imo.

Challenging mid table? We are 2nd in league on goal difference?

Yeah I think so, although I think this squad can finish higher than mid table. The mercenaries are great when things are going well, but if you look at the Ramirez and Valdés situation a couple of years ago, or going even further back to when Ravanelli was unsettling the dressing room. I don’t just want to just see local players, but I do want players to buy in to what the club are trying to do, rather than turn up because they can’t get a game for their parent club and no one else will have them.

I am really enjoying this season. A mix of youth and experience and good football. Whats not to like. Spending £15m on 29 year olds is not sustainable for a club like ours no matter how much TP might want him. We have to give the young lads a chance or they will be off and we have a good bunch at the minute. I think I would rather watch a hungry Tav or Chapman than Bolasie anyway.

All my favorite moments/seasons have been inspired by these mercenaries though.

Juninho/Rav/Emerson

Merson

Viduka/Hasselbaink/Yakubu/Mendieta/Zenden

Think all these players were buying into the club? Or here because we paid them an obscene amount of money?

Didn't stop them being influential on the pitch.

Juninho/Rav/Emerson

Merson

Think all these players were buying into the club? Or here because we Tpaid them an obscene amount of money?

A huge difference between world class mercenaries and players surplus to requirements elsewhere, wanting to be treated as a world class mercenary

I am really enjoying this season. A mix of youth and experience and good football. Whats not to like. Spending £15m on 29 year olds is not sustainable for a club like ours no matter how much TP might want him. We have to give the young lads a chance or they will be off and we have a good bunch at the minute. I think I would rather watch a hungry Tav or Chapman than Bolasie anyway.

Its easy to enjoy atm because we are winning, we are going to need the extra quality when we come up against better teams or lose a bit of form. We all would love a team full of our own but it won't get us where we want to be as a club.

Juninho/Rav/Emerson

Merson

Think all these players were buying into the club? Or here because we paid them an obscene amount of money?

Those days are gone, mate.

The players you have mentioned are all a class above anyone that we have currently been linked with.

Juninho/Rav/Emerson

Merson

For me everyone on that list deserve the money as they are world class. We offered them the money as we were premiership not championship, villa are not premiership and haven't been for a while. Bolassie hasn't bought into villa vision he has just been bought by greed.

Bradley Dack not in the squad tonight. Interesting unless he is injured or suspended. Not that I think he is coming here.

Pretty sure I read he was trying to recover from a knock.