oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Villa are gonna have some problems keeping their loanees happy if they manage to get Bolasie, Targett and Abraham when they already have at least 3 loan players I think with there being the whole 5 loans in the match squad deal... wonder if we can use that to our advantage. (Sorry if someone's already mentioned it)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Villa are massively gambling on going up this year as they can't be touched until end of year but if they don't go up it will all come crumbling down big time.

Let them get the 29 year old mercenaries and pay them 70 grand a week. We have players like hugill who has took a pay cut to come. We might have a small squad but least it players who want to be here.

Hopefully including Braithwaite who is house hunting in area.

That's excellent news if true, he's really impressed me with his attitude this season.

Do you know if it's true that Besic has already bought a house in Harrogate?  It's just something I saw on twitter

I mentioned to CT a while back that I wanted bolasie in because he brings entertainment. If we miss out then it means we miss out on a little entertainment/unpredictability. However, we don't lose out massively on productivity.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not changing my mind because we are missing out. I would still like some entertainers. However, the start has been good. It hasn't been dog awful (mainly because of the system and the emergence of wing). We do need good additions to keep this going.

I still don't think we can compete for top 2 though. I still think it will be a struggle for top 6 tbh. The games we have won have been against fairly average (at best) teams.

Let's just hope "lots going on" is a different kind of "lots going on" 9 days before the permanent window closed and it's not just the club trying to make it look like we are trying to be ambitious as it really is wearing a little thin now.

Problem is that we'd be asking the likes of Tav, Wing, Chapman and Fry to get us promoted this season, whilst all having little experience of Championship football. Can we really expect them to get us where we want to be? Imo this only works if you give time to these players, and I don't think Pulis has that intention of being here long term, having already stated that 1) the squad isn't good enough 2) these players need to go out on loan and play 3) He came here to get the club promoted (assuming sooner rather than later)

I can’t wait for the window to close. No more being annoyed at missing out on players that I have no idea if they will improve our team.

Whilst on paper it would have been good to get Bolasie we still would have needed another winger otherwise we’d be in the same position as with Traore...unbalanced.

Personally I’m still hoping for wingbacks and cover for Braithwaite/Wing.

Problem is that we'd be asking the likes of Tav, Wing, Chapman and Fry to get us promoted this season, whilst all having little experience of Championship football. Can we really expect them to get us where we want to be? Imo this only works if you give time to these players, and I don't think Pulis has that intention of being here long term, having already stated that 1) the squad isn't good enough 2) these players need to go out on loan and play 3) He came here to get the club promoted (assuming sooner rather than later)

aye, you'll win nowt with kids ;)

cant win nothing with kids eh.  :cheese:

damnn eston beat me to it :D :D

aye, you'll win nowt with kids ;)

Never said we wouldn't, it'll just take longer and I don't think Pulis has that intention. When was the last time we actually were successful with the kids? 1986? 2005 - 2008?

Personally I don't think Pulis will walk, not during the season anyway. If anything he will just go at the end of the season. He was brought in to change what happens behind the scenes but it's a shame he can't change those above him.

Personally I don't think Pulis will walk, not during the season anyway. If anything he will just go at the end of the season. He was brought in to change what happens behind the scenes but it's a shame he can't change those above him.

Well you cannot argue he hasn't changed things, a surplus of thirty odd million on transfers for a start

So then, Bolasie is gone, who is next?

Anybody heard anything on Besic?

Get him in, keep Braithwaite, add a few more loans to add a bit of depth to the squad and with Pulis getting the most out of this squad I think we can still make the playoffs.

After this summers shambles I think that is the very most we can expect of Pulis now. I think automatic promotion is an unrealistic expectation now.

Unless he's sacked or there's a change in personal circumstances he'll be here. 

We need a long term plan, every appointment smacks off short term goals. We need to have a clear recruitment strategy, it's been allover the place for years and changes with each manager.