oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

All my favorite moments/seasons have been inspired by these mercenaries though.

Juninho/Rav/Emerson

Merson

Viduka/Hasselbaink/Yakubu/Mendieta/Zenden

Think all these players were buying into the club? Or here because we paid them an obscene amount of money?

Didn't stop them being influential on the pitch.

For me everyone on that list deserve the money as they are world class. We offered them the money as we were premiership not championship, villa are not premiership and haven't been for a while. Bolassie hasn't bought into villa vision he has just been bought by greed.

Isn't that the point he's making?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I don't think Pulis will walk, not during the season anyway. If anything he will just go at the end of the season. He was brought in to change what happens behind the scenes but it's a shame he can't change those above him.

I thought he'd only contracted to be with us until the end of this season?

Thats why I don't think he'll be walking out during the season cause he'd be leaving anyway at the end so of he doesn't want to stick around he won't renew.

86 was about adversity. Backs against the wall, going out if business and losing jobs, a club, an epicentre of the town. Having a bunch that want to fight for each other is a lovely, noble and admirable notion. But unless we have a 'class of 92 esque" bunch of youngsters, we arent going to gain promotion without new signings, no matter who makes our kit.

The kids we have now have the potential to be very good players and will have a say in how our season pans out, but they aren't going to do it alone. Hell, the guys of 86 wouldn't have been as great without the adversity that they were fighting against.

The fans will follow if the team shows grit, fight and a want to wear the shirt. That should never be in doubt. We have been rubbish before. That's fine as long as those wearing the jersey fight for it. But the club need to fight too. Give us something to shout about. Give us a reason to turn up. Because at the minute they are expecting the fans to shell out as much as ever while they aren't shelling out in any way whatsoever.

Apologies if this seems a load of nonsense. I blame it on hobgoblin!!!

Remember when turnbull was our keeper and everyone kicked off that he was crap.

Joe bennet left back, people kicked off he was crap

McMahon same deal

Andrew Taylor....

Bates...

Tom craddock

Curtis main

Franks

Cameron Park

Luke Williams

Wheater wasn’t everyone’s favourite

We’ve been in the exact situation being talked about, team of local players scrapping around in mid table. Crowds were lowest they’d been for ages, we were awful to watch and nobody cared that we were playing locals.

Like I said it’s all fine getting misty eyed over it but when it actually happens the reality doesn’t exactly match the romantic visions.

Can’t we just have a team of good players wether they’re from south bank or an Argentinian ‘mercenary’?

Cuco Martina was preferred to Byram, however when Besic fell through at last minute he was prioritised as a loan along with Bolasie meaning he could not join as all over allowed age from same club. Byram then told us to get XXXXXXed and went to Forest and rightly so.

Found this on Fmttm, guy apparently gets his info from a huddersfield player whos from round here. Can you imagine being the guy who decided to sack Byram off for Cuco Martina? Who is making these decisions (if its true of course but it matches what RAF posted on here).

That same poster has claimed all kinds of things through the summer. Besides, why would Jonathan Hogg have the inside track on Boro negotiations, Bolasies knee scan, and Sam Byram's situation ? It could well be true but that FMTTM poster has previous and has been shown to talk ***e.

That same poster has claimed all kinds of things through the summer. Besides, why would Jonathan Hogg have the inside track on Boro negotiations, Bolasies knee scan, and Sam Byram's situation ? It could well be true but that FMTTM poster has previous and has been shown to talk ***.

Because players talk and agents talk, probably all gets talked about in their group chats.

That same poster has claimed all kinds of things through the summer. Besides, why would Jonathan Hogg have the inside track on Boro negotiations, Bolasies knee scan, and Sam Byram's situation ? It could well be true but that FMTTM poster has previous and has been shown to talk ***.

Because players talk and agents talk, probably all gets talked about in their group chats.

Most of our players don't know what's going on with our transfers. Most of our recruitment team don't even know, they just identify the players.

Think they want Shane long too. So annoying that a month ago they looked like they wouldn't challenge because of their financial situation and now they're looking a lot stronger than us with more to come.

^^^ 100% This. I'm seeing a mate later today who is a Villa fan. He was moaning about two months ago that there was a very good chance that Villa might go down. (He even recommended putting a bet on it).

I'll certainly be telling him later what a bunch of xxxxx they are!

Think they want Shane long too. So annoying that a month ago they looked like they wouldn't challenge because of their financial situation and now they're looking a lot stronger than us with more to come.

^^^ 100% This. I'm seeing a mate later today who is a Villa fan. He was moaning about two months ago that there was a very good chance that Villa might go down. (He even recommended putting a bet on it).

I'll certainly be telling him later what a bunch of xxxxx they are!

They've had to fill a £40m FFP hole since the start of the window, they've reduced the wage bill a bit but now seem to be ramping that up again. I know new owners get some leniency in these matters, but surely the EFL have told them they need to cut costs rather than increase them...

Just seen a bit in the echo says we offered the same financial package as Villa to Everton but Bolasie wants to be closer to the south-east

Pulis has confirmed it was location

Keith Downie:

Tony Pulis says he’s aware he’s missed out on Yannick Bolasie but remains hopeful of adding bodies before the window closes. Hints that move for Mo Besic is alive #Boro

Pulis admits location had a big part to play in Bolasie decision: “it’s no skin off my nose that he chose Villa. We have other options, too.”