oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

They can have Moukoudi. I've seen nothing to indicate we've really been that interested in him. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's a centre-back. The one position on the pitch Tony has publicly said he's happy with. Sounds more like our name was thrown into the air to make Villa act quicker.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we just all take a moment to realise that the manager of the team is not getting players that he wants or thinks will fit the way he wants to play?

What are we doing? Why are we thinking that this is a good idea?

Is this modern football in general now?

I just don't understand it, and the worst part is that the funds are there! If you want Pulis to succeed, give him the players he wants ffs. Surely that would have been the obvious with selling the big earners?

Hmm so I'm thinking Puncheon, Saville, and two squad players as full-back cover

Not Puncheon, he’s a Pulis type player, probably Saville and 3 others.

Gazette and Echo both saying we’re confident on Puncheon and Saville

That would still leave us with no wingers and no full back cover with 1 loan left.

The full back cover could be a 6th loan as if there was an emergency and George or Shotton were injured then it would be worth leaving one of the other five loan players out of the squad.

Not the perfect window but certainly not a disaster that some are portraying. The evidence for this being the performance of the team on the pitch. We have got good money from those that have left. We have not got some of our first choice targets but have managed to get others. There are still more to come. So maybe we play the same way we have until January, then try again. I would not be disappointed with that. As I see it the players we are linked with - Robson - kanu probably repacement for Gestede if he leaves. Puncheon for Braithewaite. Saville adds more competition to midfield which is needed with the amount of running they have to do. Thats if we can get them over the line. We do need lb cover and wingers would be a bonus but if they aren’t available or are unwilling to come what can you do.

Surely departures are going to be known at some point today? Braithwaite aside.

Well i cant see anyway back for Braithwaite and the club will now definitely want rid of him as quick as possible. His replacement needs finding quick!

Oh I think we've found him...

tumblr_o9nkk85rdQ1snlgxgo1_500.gif

Has a player ever done so well out of a single goal.... all the Reading fans I know thought it was hilarious as he was a running joke there for being shocking

Also... if the rest of the squad didn’t know about Braithwaite they do now.

They definitely knew yesterday he refused to train or play again unless he could talk to Spanish teams

If that's true , and no reason to doubt RS , then the lad shouldn't pull on a Boro shirt again. If we sell it should be for a price we want and if not then he sits in the stands until january.

I agree that we only want players here who want to be here and have no sympathy at all for any players who want to rock the boat

On a separate point can we all please remember where we are in the league. Yes we may have lost our most talented individuals (although I would argue that isn't the case) but we are now a better team. Lets also keep things in perspective on those sales.. We bought decent cover for Gibbo and it was the right time for him to leave , Traore has only been decent for about a dozen games in a Boro shirt, Braithwaite has been trying to get away since we bought him and Bamford had one purple patch last season and can't get in Leeds team yet!

Of the mooted replacements then Puncheon will be a top player at this level and Saville is also decent. Never been a Pulis fan but I do applaud the fact that he says he only wants people who want to be here

I agree with your point about the outgoings, I wasn’t too fussed to see any of them leave either, we seem to be a better team now.

I think we should cut our loses and get Braithwaite out of the club, no point having him around if he’s unhappy. I always assumed he was off, such a strange signing, in fact I’ve no idea why he signed for us in the first place, he was captain of his club in France, there was a World Cup coming up and for some bizarre reason he elected to move to Boro.

I think he must have been offered a lot of money, he is said to be the club’s highest earner by quite a long way, earning more than Downing and Britt. I wonder what he’s on.

Can we just all take a moment to realise that the manager of the team is not getting players that he wants or thinks will fit the way he wants to play?

I just don't understand it, and the worst part is that the funds are there! If you want Pulis to succeed, give him the players he wants ffs. Surely that would have been the obvious with selling the big earners?

Pulis didnt seem overly concerned. Thank God we have him. Cant imagine what Karanka would be doing now.

Villa beat Boro to Moukoudi according to Alan Nixon.

Good that will keep them busy. I dont think that position is our most pressing

Made me laugh that first sentence! :D

They tried but the players didn't want to come. How is that hard to understand?

Girona cashing in on Portu for 18 million euros the director and manager are lining up Braithwaite as his replacement they definitely have the cash to pay what we want straight up no loan we should up the price a little now we have real money in the game!

Villa beat Boro to Moukoudi according to Alan Nixon.

Good that will keep them busy. I dont think that position is our most pressing

Made me laugh that first sentence! :D

Hopefully they also swoop in and steal Hal Robson-Kanu from us.

The bit that is hard to understand is the recruitment team still having jobs despite failing in the last 6 or 7 transfer windows to address our problems.

It sounds to me more like we couldn't attract the players he wanted, not that we couldn't pay for them. The 'leave it late' transfer strategy to save a few quid, by all means question that, because that's undoubtedly left it so that clubs like Villa can nip in and steal players from under our noses. But then Pulis surely gets just as much flack for that as anyone.

Pulis didnt seem overly concerned. Thank God we have him. Cant imagine what Karanka would be doing now.

Counting to a billion, probably.

Because money usually talks in football. However personally i don't think that is what we should do.

Because money usually talks in football. However personally i don't think that is what we should do.

I would be very surprised if  we beaten to any of these potential signings on wages. It is just that the ones we wanted were at the top of the Championship shopping list and whether we like it or not the likes of Villa are a far bigger club than us, and I go back to the point that the only players I want are those that are happy to be here.