oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Either that or he actually does just want to leave?

He was house hunting last week, so he must be very upset at being forced out of the club this week. ;)

I realise I’m definitely in the minority on this one, but this is just my opinion based on the pattern of outgoing transfers this season and the PR spin that has accompanied each one.

The club are really pushing the ‘he wants to leave’ line, but we’ve been trying to get rid of him since things went sour with Monk in December/January and we started a clear (to me anyway) agenda of recovering costs.

It’s a two way thing, not as simple as the club and some fans are making out.

We where trying to get rid of bamford in January. But braithwaite asked to leave so we let him go instead.

You’ll all have to put me in the OneBoro stockade and throw tomatoes at me because I think the club will happily get any high earners off the books and sell anyone for a decent fee that they can until further notice! (and they’re not being ‘transparent’ with fans which they made a big point of last year, in fact I think they’re being the opposite)

I think that once we had failed in our attempt to get promoted last season, the writing was unfortunately on the wall.

We had to reduce the wage bill and we certainly weren’t going to make any big signings, we’ve had to try and haggle for players and it hasn’t always come off.

The good thing is, the team are playing well and the club are on a much sounder financial footing. I think we are capable of making the play offs without having spent a fortune like we did in last year’s disasterous summer window.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our primary targets this summer were Bolasie and Ritchie who would cost 30m in fees and both on over 100k a week combined not sure being too tight with money's our problem, got to remember the day before deadline day Pulis wanted 6 signings through the door if different bids got accepted we'd have Bolasie on a loan to buy 15 million, Ritchie 15 million, Vokes 8 million, Freeman 5 million, Bryan 6 million, Besic 6 million, Martina loan I mean that's nearly 60 million in potential fees on just those targets without wages obviously we'd probably have sold Gestede as well if we get Vokes so total incomings with Braithwaite's assumed sale would be close to 60 million but imagine the ballooning of the wage bill I mean yeesh.

Our primary targets this summer were Bolasie and Ritchie who would cost 30m in fees and both on over 100k a week combined not sure being too tight with money's our problem, got to remember the day before deadline day Pulis wanted 6 signings through the door if different bids got accepted we'd have Bolasie on a loan to buy 15 million, Ritchie 15 million, Vokes 8 million, Freeman 5 million, Bryan 6 million, Besic 6 million, Martina loan I mean that's nearly 60 million in potential fees on just those targets without wages obviously we'd probably have sold Gestede as well if we get Vokes so total incomings with Braithwaite's assumed sale would be close to 60 million but imagine the ballooning of the wage bill I mean yeesh.

Get by with what we've got until January, then go daft. We'll be top 6 and it's about getting the players in to help us kick on.

Are you sure about that list? it seems a bit far fetched.

Whilst those players may all be valued at those prices, I don’t think the club would have paid anywhere near those amounts.

Whilst those players may all be valued at those prices, I don’t think the club would have paid anywhere near those amounts.

I'm not sure we were even in for Ritchie based on what I've read throughout this thread, Vokes too. Those seemed more like rumours turned concrete by people on here? Could be wrong, of course.

Nevertheless it does demonstrate some ambition

It shows how much that Nixon knows (or how little). He was tweeting an hour ago that we were struggling to get players in.

I think that he's shown quite a few times in the past few weeks that he doesn't know a great deal about what's going on with us. Or as I've said before, he sits on old information for some time and swears by it, despite things changing quickly in the market.

We are struggling. We are on our third choice for most positions. I’m sure pullis has said the same

Get by with what we've got until January, then go daft. We'll be top 6 and it's about getting the players in to help us kick on.

Best thing we can do really.

The good thing about the jan window is the teams who were giving it large in the summer about not selling to rivals etc are usually lower mid table and gave up on the season already.

Can we not have this ‘pulis type player’ argument for the 20th time, has to be the most annoying phrase of the summer.

Nah mate, we have to go over old ground again and discuss why Pulis never wanted Traore and was absolutely and utterly elated when he left so he could sign Jordan Hugill to play there.

Maybe the question should be why was Pulis shopping him around if he was so desperate to have him here?

Was he shopping him around? Is there a source for this?

We have apparently had 6 different first choice targets this window depending on who you believe.

However, the club have contrived to land none of them. And yet we as fans are still expected to believe the club are being massively ambitious.

I'm of the opinion that the club wanted to get rid of all high earners and those we could get a good fee for (whether they actively wanted to move on or not).

TP has been clever in that if he fails he can say he never got his targets (and can put it down to finances, something he can't control) and if he succeeds he has done so while making the club a huge profit during this window (which I believe he has probably been tasked to do - the huge profit bit, and will have received a huge bonus for doing so).

Surely this has to be the last summer of awful recruitment specially if we get promoted. Something has to change

How many times have we said that though? Pulis' remit was to look into matters both on and off the pitch so let's hope he picks up on our flaws on the recruitment side.

You would have thought Bevington would have rectified some of the issues but nothing has changed!

We have apparently had 6 different first choice targets this window depending on who you believe.

However, the club have contrived to land none of them. And yet we as fans are still expected to believe the club are being massively ambitious.

I'm of the opinion that the club wanted to get rid of all high earners and those we could get a good fee for (whether they actively wanted to move on or not).

TP has been clever in that if he fails he can say he never got his targets (and can put it down to finances, something he can't control) and if he succeeds he has done so while making the club a huge profit during this window (which I believe he has probably been tasked to do - the huge profit bit, and will have received a huge bonus for. doing so).

Contrived. !, sometimes you just can’t buy the ones you want All these buys are auctions effectively but with the added bonus of the player still saying no if he doesn’t want to come. Some seem to think it’s as easy as walking down to Tesco and buying a loaf of bread