• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The McQueen signing and the expected Saville signing says, to me, that we’re going to go with 3-5-2 until January. Puncheon would, I imagine, in that system, play the Braithwaite role i.e. just off the striker.

The McQueen signing and the expected Saville signing says, to me, that we’re going to go with 3-5-2 until January. Puncheon would, I imagine, in that system, play the Braithwaite role i.e. just off the striker.

Aye, possibly yeah.

Surely this has to be the last summer of awful recruitment specially if we get promoted. Something has to change

How many times have we said that though? Pulis' remit was to look into matters both on and off the pitch so let's hope he picks up on our flaws on the recruitment side.

You would have thought Bevington would have rectified some of the issues but nothing has changed!

Why though? Bevington has literally no experience in player recruitment.

Surely this has to be the last summer of awful recruitment specially if we get promoted. Something has to change

If we get promoted it will be even more difficult to bring in the right players. At least we are a reasonably big fish in this division.

How many times have we said that though? Pulis' remit was to look into matters both on and off the pitch so let's hope he picks up on our flaws on the recruitment side.

You would have thought Bevington would have rectified some of the issues but nothing has changed!

Plus if anything we’ve got worse!

If we get promoted it will be even more difficult to bring in the right players. At least we are a reasonably big fish in this division.

Exactly so we have to be far more clever than throwing money at players who don’t really want to come.

If it's just Puncheon and Saville it wouldn't be a disaster, Puncheon brings a lot to the table he's both footed can play #10 or on either flank he's a big character in a dressing room and could take all our set pieces. Get through to January and try to push through a deal for a winger then to help us down the stretch I actually like the Saville signing we've sat here for 6 years crying out for the next Faris Haroun who'll drive into the box from midfield he looks like he could be the man for the job we thought it was Howson but Saville's younger could be at the club for years and will be better in that box to box role than a 34 year old Downing (WHO STARTED WELL OF COURSE DONT SHOOT) but Downing's neither 25 years old nor is he a central midfielder.

Still a stronger squad if we end with them two tomorrow than the one we got promoted with and we've brought in 50 million this has been a decent window for Pulis but if he fails it'll look like a great window to his successor who'll inherit neither an ageing team nor big fee players he has to shift or play well except Fletcher but we're stuck with him.

Isn’t his job title “Head of recruitment”. You’d think he would have some responsibility for recruitment.

I’m thinking maybe 3412. Saville playing kind of halfway between a Cm and #10 and puncheon playing braithwaite role? Or we could go 433 and have saville on the right as an inside forward. Or a kind of 4231/433 hybrid with downing on the right, puncheon left and saville playing advanced central role.

Indeed, why would anyone have thought it would improve because he came in?

Isn’t his job title “Head of recruitment”. You’d think he would have some responsibility for recruitment.

Responsibility is one thing, mate. Experience and expectation are quite another. His past doesn't match up with his current title.

If it's just Puncheon and Saville it wouldn't be a disaster, Puncheon brings a lot to the table he's both footed can play #10 or on either flank he's a big character in a dressing room and could take all our set pieces. Get through to January and try to push through a deal for a winger then to help us down the stretch I actually like the Saville signing we've sat here for 6 years crying out for the next Faris Haroun who'll drive into the box from midfield he looks like he could be the man for the job we thought it was Howson but Saville's younger could be at the club for years and will be better in that box to box role than a 34 year old Downing (WHO STARTED WELL OF COURSE DONT SHOOT) but Downing's neither 25 years old nor is he a central midfielder.

Still a stronger squad if we end with them two tomorrow than the one we got promoted with and we've brought in 50 million this has been a decent window for Pulis but if he fails it'll look like a great window to his successor who'll inherit neither an ageing team nor big fee players he has to shift or play well except Fletcher but we're stuck with him.

I don't believe that anyone has been crying out for the next Faris Haroun  :D

Responsibility is one thing, mate. Experience and expectation are quite another. His past doesn't match up with his current title.

Well he’s clearly been utterly useless so far, I agree.