• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't believe we are at the final day of the transfer window and our great "hopes" are George Saville and Jason fecking Puncheon. Depressing.

Is this a 5pm deadline or does it go later?

We're a championship team. How many exciting players have been signed by other teams? Sure Forest signed an expensive portuguese player and villa have signed Bolasie but it's not like it's been hugely exciting for teams around us has it? Saville is a good Championship player who's just turned 25 and scored 10 goals in 45 games in the league for bloody Millwall last season. That's about as good as it gets in this league.

Other teams around us haven't brought in 50m for their 4 best players.

Saville is worse than everyone of our current midfielders bar Wing. Yet we are blowing money on a well stocked position with gaping holes in the squad.

Of course it's depressing.

Is he really though?

Yes, who is he better than? I'd put Mcnair/Howson/Clayton and Besic all better or at worse equal to Saville.

is a completely diff midfielder to Clayton.

Has more end product than McNair, Besic and Howson combined last year.

Can't believe we are at the final day of the transfer window and our great "hopes" are George Saville and Jason fecking Puncheon. Depressing.

We're a championship team. How many exciting players have been signed by other teams? Sure Forest signed an expensive portuguese player and villa have signed Bolasie but it's not like it's been hugely exciting for teams around us has it? Saville is a good Championship player who's just turned 25 and scored 10 goals in 45 games in the league for bloody Millwall last season. That's about as good as it gets in this league.

Saville is worse than everyone of our current midfielders bar Wing. Yet we are blowing money on a well stocked position with gaping holes in the squad.

Is he really though?

Yes, who is he better than? I'd put Mcnair/Howson/Clayton and Besic all better or at worse equal to Saville.

Based on what? He contributed more goals and assists than all of them in a worse team than us last season

Is he really though?

is a completely diff midfielder to Clayton.

Has more end product than McNair, Besic and Howson combined last year.

Hes had 1 year of end product.

Pretty sure Howsons had some good goal scoring seasons aswell and is a far better footballer.

Mcnair only played half a season for the worst team in the league and got 5? Goals. I'd say his end product is very comparable.

Clayton/Besic different midfielders you are correct. But both better players imo.

Espically when Villa Are Getting Abraham....

Don’t see the clamour to sign him... personally think he is overrated just because he is at Chelsea

This. He was decent but fairly one dimensional at Bristol and absolutely terrible at Swansea in the Prem.

Villa certainly seem to have sorted out their financial woes pretty swiftly.

(Two months ago they seemed to be going bust. Now they're making signing after signing... without offloading their top players)?

Seems odd.

I have no idea what's going on there. I've read a few things saying that they are basically gambling on this season as they can't be financially punished or embargoed until the end of the year regardless, no idea if it's true but it seems plausible given how up sh*t creek they were only 2 months ago.

Espically when Villa Are Getting Abraham....

Don’t see the clamour to sign him... personally think he is overrated just because he is at Chelsea

This. He was decent but fairly one dimensional at Bristol and absolutely terrible at Swansea in the Prem.

Villa certainly seem to have sorted out their financial woes pretty swiftly.

(Two months ago they seemed to be going bust. Now they're making signing after signing... without offloading their top players)?

Seems odd.

I have no idea what's going on there. I've read a few things saying that they are basically gambling on this season as they can't be financially punished or embargoed until the end of the year regardless, no idea if it's true but it seems plausible given how up sh*t creek they were only 2 months ago.

Yep have heard the same. it's basically up or bust for Villa.

Is he really though?

Still haven't seen much of mcnair but the rest I totally agree with. Saville is in the same boat as Abraham for me. Bit of a name because he came from Chelsea. However he didn't succeed at wolves (hence his sale at less than half a million) and he's been decent at millwall. No more than that. I certainly wouldn't put him ahead of any of our cms for quality.

Alan Nixon

BORO. Puncheon thing still needs some work. Cost of loan an issue. Big day for them here.

Id still rather we just went and paid the money for powell. Final year of his contract. 7 years younger than puncheon. 5 million quid (less than saville??).

Puncheon seems very short term.

Alan Nixon

BORO. Puncheon thing still needs some work. Cost of loan an issue. Big day for them here.

Id still rather we just went and paid the money for powell. Final year of his contract. 10 years younger than puncheon. 5 million quid (less than saville??).

Didn’t think Wigan were selling? WBA had 7mil rejected yesterday apparently

If we only end up signing Saville and Puncheon today it actually wouldn't be such a disaster as some are making it out to be. We've signed McQueen who can cover both LB/LWB/LW and there's McNair who can cover RB/RWB. I think we've pretty much got cover for all positions and we have enough to keep us ticking over until January where we can reassess and spend some of the money we have brought in this window. Wouldn't be surprised to see us keep hold of the likes of Tavernier, Chapman, Fletcher and Johnson if we don't get anyone else in who are more than capable enough at this level if required to fill in.

Alan Nixon

Id still rather we just went and paid the money for powell. Final year of his contract. 10 years younger than puncheon. 5 million quid (less than saville??).

Didn’t think Wigan were selling? WBA had 7mil rejected yesterday apparently

Then he is free to talk to clubs in January. I hope we are all over that (though I doubt it).

Issue for January is who will want to come with the manager position unresolved?

Edit- can mcnair even play rb or are we just assuming this. He played cb for man Utd, became a cm for Sunderland and even became that CAM. Don't recall ever seeing him at rb. Hoping he doesn't become a square peg...

Is he really though?

That lot scored 9 goals between them last season! Not saying Saville is Glen Hoddle but we havent had goals from midfield for years