oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Braithwaite won’t play tonight, the deadline for Spain is 11pm. He’ll be hanging on for a move.

Yeah, probably very close to being done at their end, just waiting for our blessing. Which will almost certainly only come if Puncheon or anyone else in his position comes in.

I hope we are not paying any of he's wages if he goes.

That could be the stumbling block if he want to go then he will have to take a wage cut to get the move.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don;t believe for one munte Adomah is out of favour at Villa. He's been one of their better players in recent times. This has got to do with his contractual situaiton. He's in the last year of his contract; Villa probably want him to find a new club so they can get a fee for him.

I would absolutely take Albert Adomah back in a heartbeat over Puncheon. He knows the area, he knows the club, he wouldn't need a settling in period.

I didn't realise Puncheon had been out for 8 months with a cruciate ligament rupture...

Bad injury - check

Fairly old - check

Bother with the law - check

He ticks all of the boxes for us  :upside_down:

I don;t believe for one munte Adomah is out of favour at Villa. He's been one of their better players in recent times. This has got to do with his contractual situaiton. He's in the last year of his contract; Villa probably want him to find a new club so they can get a fee for him.

I would absolutely take Albert Adomah back in a heartbeat over Puncheon. He knows the area, he knows the club, he wouldn't need a settling in period.

Plus Karanka isn't here anymore.

Honestly don't know what's up with Villa, they'd rather have Puncheon than Adomah? Seems mad to me.

Interesting interview with Tony on the website. First of all that he alludes to us not getting pace in the team by the players we're looking to bring in in the last 24 hours and what remains of the window. So unless it's someone who just becomes available and we snatch at, there won't be no significant pace being brought in like some have expected. The interview was done yesterday morning, likely just after his press conference.

The 2nd thing which I found noteworthy is him saying "Hopefully we can solve that problem in the next window or the window after that". Can we take that as an expectation that he'll be involved at the club beyond this season, assuming he keeps his job until then? It certainly seems to me to indicate that desire for him to be here and not just retire following this season.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-middlesbrough-albert-adomah-15095218

They might as well be screaming HES FOR SALE AND WANTS TO GO BACK TO BORO.

Adomah's decent but he can't replace 2 *cking players we need Puncheon as well or we're up a creek.

Says in there us and Leeds have been in contact and he favours a return here.

I do. They've just brought in 2 wingers who they value over him. Also reading some fans' comments, they actually think he's not been as good since the turn of the year (see the comments after the Burton Albion game basically).