oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Bring Albert home, Tony!

Remember when we were selling him and he was called all sorts on here?  Aye, bring him home  :upside_down:

By a minority I’d suggest. Think the majority wished him well, I certainly did anyway. There’s always people that see players moving on from Boro as a personal insult.

I’d have him back as he’s better than what we’ve got in that position, in fact have we even got a RW?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People would be happy putting Downing and Adomah back on the wings as our only wingers?!?!

We tried that in the 15/16 season Stuani ended up kicking Downing off a wing and that was them 2/3 years younger I get Puncheon's old but he's club captain at Palace is versatile, two footed and creative on the ball plus would take all of our set pieces!

People would be happy putting Downing and Adomah back on the wings as our only wingers?!?!

If we weren't playing with wingers, then it wouldn't matter.

Put it this way, I'd rather it was Adomah and Downing than just Downing, which looks like it will be the case unless something shifts in the next 3 hours.

Yeah people are looking at the first half of last season with adomah, he has dropped off big time in 2018. I like adomah but would much rather have puncheon. And it would be absolutely gutting if we only get adomah because they get puncheon.

Just watched pullis interview after West Brom game and it is interesting that he alluded to once again the money spent last year and that the 50mill brought in from sales has managed to claw back the spending from last year.

The players we sold last season were all clawing back the money from the Prem season to be fair.

And the extra £100m in revenue went...?

It makes it sound like we were trying to claw back money but that can't be the case because we didn't want to sell the players we've sold.  Not even a little bit, Pulis said so.

Last season we essentially broke even on transfers.  There was no money to claw back so either a certain amount of spin is being put on the situation or we haven't exactly been told the truth about what's going on at the club.

Bring Albert home, Tony!

Remember when we were selling him and he was called all sorts on here?  Aye, bring him home  :upside_down:

By a minority I’d suggest. Think the majority wished him well, I certainly did anyway. There’s always people that see players moving on from Boro as a personal insult.

I’d have him back as he’s better than what we’ve got in that position, in fact have we even got a RW?

It wasn't him moving on that caused people to go on about him. It was his pretty pathetic performance at Sunderland when he came on as a sub a couple of weeks before that. I know that's been contested on here but it certainly seemed to be the case that he'd completely lost all desire to play for Karanka again and couldn't get beyond that. When he wasn't at West Brom the week after, that said it all.

But at the end of the day, I think most understood that was a rift between him and the manager. It wasn't his ability that was in question. It was quite public the way those 2 disliked working with each other, so much so that we had that half-hearted hug from Adomah just after he came back into the frame the first time. Certainly in this division, given there are literally no other options, taking him on for another year seems a pretty logical thing to do. It's hardly like he's just had an awful season at Villa, he might have dropped off at the turn of the year but he just had his most productive season to date in terms of goals and assists combined.

Bring Albert home, Tony!

A minority?  That's not how I remember it but then my memory is always playing tricks on me.

Some very interesting stuff over on @QuickSessions twitter rn about Villa, Bruce and Adomah. He's  Adomahs brother

Basically saying he saved Bruce's job. IIRC, he's always stuck up for him even when it hasn't seemed right to do so... but then he's his brother so he's either going to be really biased in his favour or he's going to be like 'lol his a nob'.

It wasn't him moving on that caused people to go on about him. It was his pretty pathetic performance at Sunderland when he came on as a sub a couple of weeks before that. I know that's been contested on here but it certainly seemed to be the case that he'd completely lost all desire to play for Karanka again and couldn't get beyond that. When he wasn't at West Brom the week after, that said it all.

But at the end of the day, I think most understood that was a rift between him and the manager. It wasn't his ability that was in question. It was quite public the way those 2 disliked working with each other, so much so that we had that half-hearted hug from Adomah just after he came back into the frame the first time. Certainly in this division, given there are literally no other options, taking him on for another year seems a pretty logical thing to do. It's hardly like he's just had an awful season at Villa, he might have dropped off at the turn of the year but he just had his most productive season to date in terms of goals and assists combined.

Actually people had been on his case long before that game when we were still in the Championship even.  As I say all of the time, people see what they want to see.   They were happy to see him go and he got called all sorts but now some people are desperate and they'd love to see him back.  It's the same player and person just a couple of years older.