Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do we think there has been no announcements of any sort by the club

Probably sorting out all the bits of media that go with all signings these days.

@GraemeBailey

More on this soon, but believe that Albert Adomah is 'gutted' his move back to Middlesbrough has failed to be finalised. Understand deal was all agreed with Aston Villa that would have seen him released from his contract, so would have been joining Boro on permanent deal.

@GraemeBailey

More on this soon, but believe that Albert Adomah is 'gutted' his move back to Middlesbrough has failed to be finalised. Understand deal was all agreed with Aston Villa that would have seen him released from his contract, so would have been joining Boro on permanent deal.

Released from his contract?  Blimey.

@GraemeBailey

Of all the deals that Middlesbrough have failed to do this summer - this one hurts more than most, a player who loves the club, loves the area and wanted to play for Tony Pulis - deal all but agreed, and still couldn't get done.

What situation have we put ourselves in exactly? McQueen can play in multiple positions including as a winger, we have extra backup at CB and Saville can play where Braithwaite played.

I'd say we're fine for now. Strengthen in January if needs be, we have plenty of cash.

Since when can Saville play Braithwaites position? Weird signing.

Saville is an attacking midfielder, Braithwaite has been playing behind Britt, there's not a million miles between them.

I think that's stretching it a bit bud.  Braithwaite is essentially a striker who gets moved around a bit.  Saville is a midfielder who gets forwards and chips in with some goals.  I'd expect Braithwaite to get more goals than Saville all things being equal and I don't think you could ask them to play the same role in a side.

@GraemeBailey

Released from his contract?  Blimey.

I thought we couldn’t sign anyone who became out of contract during the loan window, how would that have worked?

Right so the story from Bailey is we offered Adomah worse terms than he was on at Villa after his contract would have been cancelled?

Not sure that's the story we'll be getting tomorrow about the deal, our best hope now is probably Puncheon cancelling his 40k a week CPFC contract that has 2 years left on it but if we couldn't make terms with Albert I doubt we'll do that.

@GraemeBailey

Of all the deals that Middlesbrough have failed to do this summer - this one hurts more than most, a player who loves the club, loves the area and wanted to play for Tony Pulis - deal all but agreed, and still couldn't get done.

I mean, how couldn't we have got this done? The guy wanted to come, we've got the money. Serious questions need to be asked at this point.

Also, if he or Puncheon get released, cant we sign them on frees, or is that over now too?