oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

He can still leave yet for sure. Medical can be done in England, I'm pretty certain.

Bearing in mind he may well be on the pitch until 9.45pm and that if there was to be a deal he wouldnt have been allowed to play tonight in case he was injured. Then he is here at least until January

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PULIS POUNCES BEFORE DEADLINE

Middlesbrough have completed the signings of Millwall midfielder George Saville and Wolves defender Danny Batth.

Saville arrives at the Riverside on an initial loan deal, which will become a permanent move in January. Boro will pay an undisclosed fee for the 25-year-old Northern Ireland international.

Former Chelsea youngster Saville scored 10 goals in 45 appearances last season as Millwall mounted an unexpected challenge for a Championship play-off spot.

Batth has joined Tony Pulis’ team on a season-long loan. The 27-year-old centre-half is club captain at Wolves but has not featured for the Premier League newcomers in this campaign.

He made 21 appearances last season as Wanderers clinched the Championship title and promotion back to the top flight.

They’ve obviously known for quite a few hours before the 5pm deadline that Braithwaite was travelling so I wonder why we have kept Johnson and Fletcher...

Johnson and Fletcher?  Why is Leadbitter still here is the one at the top of my list.  We can just about field an entire XI made up of central midfielders and he's still on our books?

Agree to an extent, but his off the field influence is well documented over the years so I wouldn't be surprised to see him making very occasional appearances with most of his work being done behind the scenes. Whether he's worth that in terms of wages is another debate.

@Boro

.@Marvinjohnson28 has completed a loan move to @SUFC_tweets, subject to clearance

Thank God for that, after failing to sign any wingers the best thing we could do was get rid of one of the few we have left.

We're obviously sticking with the 3 centre backs, the Saville and Batth signings just seem to be cover. If Braithwaite stays and gets his head down then I think we've got enough to be in and around the top 4 until January.

We're obviously sticking with the 3 centre backs, the Saville and Batth signings just seem to be cover. If Braithwaite stays and gets his head down then I think we've got enough to be in and around the top 4 until January.

We probably had enough for that anyway.

We probably had enough for that anyway.

You're probably right, Pulis said weeks ago that we're well stocked for CB's so the Batth signing is very strange. I've never seen Saville, hopefully he'll be a midfielder that can get into goal scoring positions for us but it's not a position where we look short in.