oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

As I keep saying he had some bad games as he is a DM who was asked to play an attacking role, of course he's going to struggle at times.

Besic was the best midfielder we've had here since boateng.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funes Mori? Another guy who hardly played last season through injury, what is it with us?

Saying that on the face of it Mcnair/Besic/Mori and a small amount of cash for Gibson I'd say is pretty solid wheeling/dealing.

From reading the Everton forums it seems Funes Mori is very Ayala like in that he has all the key ingredients to be a top defender but just likes a oops moment.

Might find he doesn't quite have as many moments in the championship though tbh, no Aguero and the likes down here.

It's difficult to say, I'm not sure how good the comparison is other than the fees mentioned for Besic and the fee we got and spent on De Roon. Overall, I'd probably say De Roon. He might as well not have existed in our opening game against Wolves from what I read but I think he fit in the Prem, it's just a shame about the team he played in. Back at Atalanta, they just finished 7th in Serie A, got to the semis of the Italian Cup and to the knockouts of the Europa League. Hardly a single man team but they didn't waste time bringing him back when he became available.

Besic was great for us last season for the most part. Disappeared against Villa but who didn't apart from POTY Randolph? :D I'm not sure Besic can do it in the Prem. Everton don't seem to think so but coming out of last season, they've hardly shown they know what they're doing on the whole. So who knows.

As I keep saying he had some bad games as he is a DM who was asked to play an attacking role, of course he's going to struggle at times.

Besic was the best midfielder we've had here since boateng.

That is some statement! What about Matty Bates, Willo Flood, Mickael Tavares, Isaiah Osbourne, etc.!?

Would also add I much prefer to be linked with players in their 20's that might have sell on potential rather than the 33+ huge wage earners we were being linked with earlier.

Who is the better player out of de Roon and Besic?

At Premier league level I don't think either are all that great.

They are obviously different players, Besic is better technically but I'd probably go with De Roon because he's a better athlete and I think he'd score more goals.

It's difficult to say, I'm not sure how good the comparison is other than the fees mentioned for Besic and the fee we got and spent on De Roon

That was the only reason I mentioned it as there seemed to be some puzzlement as to how Everton could expect £12m for Besic.

It's difficult to say, I'm not sure how good the comparison is other than the fees mentioned for Besic and the fee we got and spent on De Roon

That was the only reason I mentioned it as there seemed to be some puzzlement as to how Everton could expect £12m for Besic.

After I saw him play a few times I was puzzled why we paid what we did for De Roon. The only explanation is that we were a Premier league team with seemingly lots of money.

De Roon is a good midfielder. He's just not a Premier League player. The game in Serie A suits him far better as he had more time to think on the ball; you've only got to look at Alberto Aquilani, Juan Sebastian Veron, Gaston Ramirez, Stephane Dalmat and a few others to see how midfield players who thrive in Serie A struggle with the pace of the Premier League game.

Mori joined Villarreal this evening

Possibly a deal between us and Everton? i.e. Everton say to us, tell the media you've bid for Funes Mori so Villareal are pressured into buying him quicker, in exchange we will _________________

I know this kind of stuff happens so maybe we are getting a cut price on Besic or first refusal on him?

After I saw him play a few times I was puzzled why we paid what we did for De Roon. The only explanation is that we were a Premier league team with seemingly lots of money.

He had a great season in Serie A the season before we bought him. Was statistically the best defensive midfielder in the league and a full Dutch international. It raised quite a few eyebrows from danish Serie A followers that we could actually get him.

Mori joined Villarreal this evening

Possibly a deal between us and Everton? i.e. Everton say to us, tell the media you've bid for Funes Mori so Villareal are pressured into buying him quicker, in exchange we will _________________

I know this kind of stuff happens so maybe we are getting a cut price on Besic or first refusal on him?

I doubt it, Everton could literally just make up that story with another team and a journalist would eat it up at this time of year.

De Roon is a good midfielder. He's just not a Premier League player. The game in Serie A suits him far better as he had more time to think on the ball; you've only got to look at Alberto Aquilani, Juan Sebastian Veron, Gaston Ramirez, Stephane Dalmat and a few others to see how midfield players who thrive in Serie A struggle with the pace of the Premier League game.

I think all those players were really good technically, they just lacked physically or athletically.

I'd say De Roon is the opposite. He's one of the fittest players I've ever seen, he's fairly quick in short bursts and he can put his foot in. He should have all the physical tools to play in the Premier league.

What De Roon lacks is technical ability.