oneBoro Forum

New Manager

We need one.  The idea of Pulis playing a big role in putting anything 'right' here should terrify everyone.  I can't believe there are people that actually want to see a Pulis squad built here over the summer and watch this ***e for another season.  You need your head examining if you think that's a good idea and that includes the Chairman.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fecking terrified of this summer.

We could have 50 million coming in this summer and pretty much a full rebuild barring a gk/cb and cf.

Tons of old plodders coming in....

I was happy to support him this season and would've been happy to keep him for a season if we went up but I don't think he's the long term solution or the solution to get us up.

A few names I'd be interested in at least exploring;

Cowley brothers

Graham Potter (this would be a long term build so would be ballsy from Gibson)

Dean Smith

And I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall with this but can we please please get rid of the hard working teessider Gary Gill

I'm not up for changing managers that often and if we were in the Premiership then I'd trust Tony Pulis to keep us up but I just can't see how he manages us to promotion, so for that reason I'd like someone new to come in. We saw tonight when it comes down to him taking the initiative and having to go out and win a game against the top sides in the division, we really struggled.

Maybe Tony Mowbray would be available ..... afterall he is managing a club owned by the Venkys who knows they might chicken him out next season. But seriously any young Eddie Howe esque manager will do.

Haven't been on for a while but felt compelled to contribute tonight on this subject. I want him gone and want to go back to something that was fairly successful. May be a bit controversial (and very ballsy) but a Patrick Vieira or Thierry Henry would feel very much like when we bought in Bryan Robson. And surely they wouldn't be looking to play the dreadful long ball stuff we all love to ridicule

Takes deep breath

I want Tony to stay. Yes we fell short this season but a large chunk of that is down to Monk and I hold him responsible.

We also fell short this last week and tony has to shoulder the blame for that. But I feel he did the best with the squad he inherited. Also Today the players let him down. The sloppiness was unforgivable at times. Our influential players just didn’t turn up, in Besic and Traore. Shotton barely resembled a footballer and Howson should be getting court-martialled for going AWOL.

He is a premier league quality manager but this is the championship I hear you say. Give him the summer, £30million and I reckon we will be stronger next season.

Just my thoughts

Haven't been on for a while but felt compelled to contribute tonight on this subject. I want him gone and want to go back to something that was fairly successful. May be a bit controversial (and very ballsy) but a Patrick Vieira or Thierry Henry would feel very much like when we bought in Bryan Robson. And surely they wouldn't be looking to play the dreadful long ball stuff we all love to ridicule

I thought you were being serious for a minute until you mentioned Henry!

We need one.  The idea of Pulis playing a big role in putting anything 'right' here should terrify everyone.  I can't believe there are people that actually want to see a Pulis squad built here over the summer and watch this *** for another season.  You need your head examining if you think that's a good idea and that includes the Chairman.

Agreed. 100%. If Pulis got us promoted, there wasn't a better manager to try and keep us up in 2018/19. But he didn't. We're a Chamlionship side next season, and I don't trust the analysis of Pulis and his team in building a side capable of promotion next season.

I genuinely don't believe TP has achieved anything more than GM would've achieved if given the season. Say 'it's not his team' all you want - the reality is there's been little/no progression in terms of mentality. It's simply more of the same.

We need a manager who's going to build an identity at the football club, and Tony Pulis is not that man. Sometimes it takes one step back to take two steps forward, and we as fans need to acknowledge that reality.