oneBoro Forum

Annual Message from The Chairman

Well that time is fast approaching when we hang on to every word that Steve Gibson utters following the end of the season performances, where he shares his views and plans for the following season and rekindles our passion for all things Middlesbrough FC.

What are you expecting to hear from him this time round?

Will there be comments which will possibly come back an haunt him at a later time and will "smash the league" statements be a thing of the past?

I have a feeling that this time round it will be a lot more subdued in terms of aspirations but a firm belief that everyone will be backing TP and trying to ensure he has the tools(I use that word lightly) at his disposal for Boro to step up next season.

I also think that SG may mention that players will have to be sold in order to generate funds for The Manager.

I do not think that there will be any admittance that we got things wrong.

I doubt he is going to say anything about transfers in and out. It will be a message where he states his disappointment of the season and that we didn't fulfill the goals we initially had. We will move forward and Tony Pulis has he full backing. There will be praise for the fans and for Pulis for coming in and steadying the ship showing that he is the right man to take us forward.

It's not an annual thing. I don't recall him doing anything like that before last year.

Yeah, the only other time I remember him doing it was after Mowbray was sacked.

I seem to remember him saying stuff in the past although it was usually around season ticket deadlines and such. More a marketing exercise than anything relevant but then there's not much he can say really is there?