oneBoro Forum

World Cup 2018

Think we will progress but after that it gets difficult right away. But that’s the World Cup. Shouldn’t be any “easy” matches after the group stages. We’re unbeaten in 15 though and haven’t conceded in 4 games. If we can replicate the show we put on when we trounced Poland 4-0 we can cause an upset.

Braithwaite could actually be in for a start as Sisto is seriously off form and isn’t doing anything currently but losing the ball. Eriksen is obviously the one to watch but Thomas Delaney in midfield is another. He’s one of those danish players I suggested on here years ago when he could have been available. Moved to Bremen 18 months ago from Copenhagen for 1 million pound and secured a move to Dortmund last week for 18 million. Beginning to turn out a huge player.

Our defense is very solid too but we do struggle to score goals with the ineffective Nikolaj Jørgensen in front. How he was top scorer in the Eredivisie the season before last is beyond me. Shows what a poor league that is.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Incredible really, just because he's joining Real Madrid after the World Cup. Seems to be a pathetic move from the Spanish FA.

We weren't happy when mcclaren was announced as England manager before the end of our season, and we were aware that the negotiations were happening.

This guy has been spending his world cup prep time negotiation his next job without his current employers knowledge and then gets announced just before the world cup starts. Id say they're well within their rights to be annoyed at the timing of everything.

Annoyed is one thing but sacking him at this point is slightly over the top don't you think? And I doubt he has been spending much of the prep time negotiating. I take it he has an agent that takes care of it and I doubt there has been many difficulties. He should probably have informed the Spanish FA president that Real had showed interest and that he wanted to take that chance after the World Cup.

Annoyed, yes. But to sack their manager 2 days before their first match at the World Cup is like if we sacked McClaren the week before the UEFA Cup final. How does that in any way benefit them? How does it do anything but make their situation worse? Absolutely cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Apparently it was a decision made after a discussion with the players. If the players were involved in the decision it indicates that he lost the dressing room with his decision so to me that justifies it.

I mean, a discussion with the players doesn't indicate they made or helped to make the decision. They could just have been told beforehand that the Spanish FA won't be pushed around so have been forced into a corner. They basically might have done to the players what they're frustrated Real and Lopetegui didn't do for them, inform them first before releasing the information to the public.

I can't imagine the Real players in the Spain squad would have been so concerned about this, that's a quarter of their squad.

I think fair play to the Spanish FA. He obviously had no loyalty to them and was ready to run. They did the right thing in my opinion