oneBoro Forum

World Cup 2018

He has, but it also means 6 full backs are in the squad...

That's ridiculous, I'd rather leave one of those full backs at home and take a young lad like Foden or Sessegnon. They could get some great experience and maybe even a bit of time on the pitch without letting us down.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

He has, but it also means 6 full backs are in the squad...

That's ridiculous, I'd rather leave one of those full backs at home and take a young lad like Foden or Sessegnon. They could get some great experience and maybe even a bit of time on the pitch without letting us down.

Perhaps he’s got a bet on with Pulis as to what’s a more effective backline; 4 centre halfs or 4 full backs

Just read in the gazette that Adama is likley to be called up for a full national team training camp to make up the numbers since so many Real Madrid spanish players cant make it due to the CL final, and it got me thinking: IF Adama was English, do yous think he could have had an outside chance to make the full england team for this upcoming world cup?

with no expectation on the England team I reckon they may do well and at least reach the quarters

You are on the good side if you advance from the group. Atleast for the first game. Colombia is a good team though, but England should atleast have a 50% chance against them.

Just read in the gazette that Adama is likley to be called up for a full national team training camp to make up the numbers since so many Real Madrid spanish players cant make it due to the CL final, and it got me thinking: IF Adama was English, do yous think he could have had an outside chance to make the full england team for this upcoming world cup?

Unlikely. Sessegnon had an incredible season in this league at 17 and he didn't even make a friendly squad.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really surprised to see Leroy Sane dropped from the German squad. I thought he would be a dead cert although it does show the depth the German team have. 10 days to go and feel like a kid looking forward to Christmas.

In-Sane to leave him out the squad

I got the French and Panama. I'm slightly more optimistic with one of them.

What a finish by Rashford btw. Starting to get the buzz for the world cup now. England are actually looking pretty decent in these last couple of games. I think quarter final is a realistic target given our potential last 16 opponents. Then you never know after that ???

quite excited for thursday to come around and start watchingthe games unfold.  Having said that ,its weird though, as theres no way i,d ever contemplate the slightest tinge of excitement about sitting down to watch Russia v Saudi Arabia ,