oneBoro Forum

World Cup 2018

My view was that he was making the decision on the contact with the ball.

He couldn't see that contact from the angles he was watching and thus awarded a penalty based on that information. If he was judging that, absolutely stand by my decision.

What Will appears to be saying is that the contact with the ball isn't what he was judging at all, he's judging whether Griezmann retains control after the contact with the ball. From my understanding of that, I don't think he is but happy for Will to explain otherwise.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Sometimes certain decisions will be subjective even with VAR, two of us might watch a penalty call a thousand times and still not agree.

As Wilson says VAR has been brought in to allow the referee more time to make his decision. Sometimes we've just got to accept the refs decision whether we like it or not.

Well I refuse to accept it and I’m putting the result down as a one all draw on my wallchart. ;)

Do it, no one likes the French anyway

Sometimes certain decisions will be subjective even with VAR, two of us might watch a penalty call a thousand times and still not agree.

As Wilson says VAR has been brought in to allow the referee more time to make his decision. Sometimes we've just got to accept the refs decision whether we like it or not.

Well I refuse to accept it and I’m putting the result down as a one all draw on my wallchart. ;)

This wouldn't be anything to do with you going for a draw in the prediction league by any chance Billy????

This wouldn't be anything to do with you going for a draw in the prediction league by any chance Billy????

I don’t know what you are insinuating, it’s pure coincidence, anyway after Spain’s wonderful victory over Portugal last night (Ronaldo dived) and the nil nil game between Iran and Morocco (own goals don’t count) I’m sitting in a fairly lofty position at the moment. ;)

I don’t know what you are insinuating, it’s pure coincidence, anyway after Spain’s wonderful victory over Portugal last night (Ronaldo dived) and the nil nil game between Iran and Morocco (own goals don’t count) I’m sitting in a fairly lofty position at the moment. ;)

Don't think there'll be any chance of catching up with you at this rate billy haha

Argentina are just dodgy enough defensively to negate whatever they can do going the other way. Having said that, Iceland are one of the most awkward opponents they could have been drawn against in fairness and especially for the opening game.