oneBoro Forum

Pre season games - Hartlepool 0-5 Boro

The Gazette ran an article the other week based on an old interview with Woodgate. It was all about his ambitions to be a manager. At the time I felt it was a scene setter for his move into being Boro manager.

I suspect with Sam Ellis being very short term but Fleming more long term a theme is developing. Pulis will have a crack this season without breaking the bank. If it works, he may stay on next season. A more likely scenario is Woody either waking over at Xmas or next season.

The fact he’s been given sole charge of 2 pre- season games says a lot. If Leadbitter does some sort of coaching with the kids I think we can definitely see what is happening. I don’t think Downing will be interested at all.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chapman looked really good on those highlights. A real handful. And Britt did his job scoring three goals from close range. Decent finishes from Fletcher too. Could have a part to play this season.

I didn't see an awful lot different between that and how Pulis sets teams up, seemed to be more about the individual talents of Chapman and Wing that swung the game. Some really good runs from Chapman, really gets at teams and his control running at pace is pretty good. Wing's ball for Fletcher's first was really well seen (though I do think a Championship defence deals with that before it runs through).

Just my opinion and it is based on just watching highlights which can be very misleading. But I’d be putting wing and chapman on the bench until jan, if by then they’ve managed to get a reasonable amount of game time I’d keep them. If not loan them out

Just my opinion and it is based on just watching highlights which can be very misleading. But I’d be putting wing and chapman on the bench until jan, if by then they’ve managed to get a reasonable amount of game time I’d keep them. If not loan them out

We should definitely be keeping 2 of Wing, Chapman and Tavernier. Tavernier could probably do with a season in league one.

Were we playing 2 up front? Fletcher seems like he's playing centrally with Britt in a lot of those highlights.