oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (a) 2-2 (Braithwaite, Friend)

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Play him through the middle instead of Assombalonga?

No, for the love of God just stop putting him in your mock teams.

I'm only putting him in my real team.

That sums you up, completely bonkers

It looks like only me and big Tony P have faith in the kid  :(

Nope I have always said he will become a player. Got all the attributes , just needs experience and confidence

Braithwaite has had three weeks off as opposed to all the others who had something like 6 weeks off. He will be fit and not needing games to get back to fitness. It should just be the tactics. I take it that Pulis is satisfied with his level of fitness and that he didn’t need the minutes. That said he probably wants to see he go. I think he will be on the bench and fletcher will likely start along Britt and then Downing on the right. Britt and Fletcher scores 5 between them in the latest friendly so it’s fair to let them start together again.

Braithwaite has had three weeks off as opposed to all the others who had something like 6 weeks off. He will be fit and not needing games to get back to fitness. It should just be the tactics. I take it that Pulis is satisfied with his level of fitness and that he didn’t need the minutes. That said he probably wants to see he go. I think he will be on the bench and fletcher will likely start along Britt and then Downing on the right. Britt and Fletcher scores 5 between them in the latest friendly so it’s fair to let them start together again.

Braithwaite came off the bench when Traore got injured against Sunderland, nobody answered me earlier so I went and had a look.

Braithwaite came off the bench when Traore got injured against Sunderland, nobody answered me earlier so I went and had a look.

Yes he did. He went straight into the last and most important friendly despite only being back for a few days. Was then left out of the squad the next like a lot of first team players. Despite Pulis not wanting him here I think he is clearly in his plans if he stays.

Well going by what was said at the fans meet up with the coaching staff tonight, it doesn't sound like TP wants him here. That on top of everything else makes me think he might not even be in the squad, never mind in the team. Imagine being Chapman or Tavernier and seeing him in the squad whilst you're sat at home? I'd even go as far as saying Fletcher could feel a bit hard done by if his head is that far gone.

There is no doubt that MB is a better player than envy of those mentioned and maybe he is actually applauding himself after coming back. He’s hopefully smart enough to know that if he doesn’t get a move he needs to be playing and Pulis will only play him if he actually makes himself unstoppable. We don’t really know what’s going on but being the first sub to come on in the last friendly for the first team despite only being back for 4 days suggests that he is obviously in Pulis’ plans if he is here.

But obviously that was called off at half time, so he was only on 18 minutes or so.

There is no doubt that MB is a better player than envy of those mentioned and maybe he is actually applauding himself after coming back. He’s hopefully smart enough to know that if he doesn’t get a move he needs to be playing and Pulis will only play him if he actually makes himself unstoppable. We don’t really know what’s going on but being the first sub to come on in the last friendly for the first team despite only being back for 4 days suggests that he is obviously in Pulis’ plans if he is here.

Maybe TP just wanted to send him out in the bad weather?

• Like 1

But obviously that was called off at half time, so he was only on 18 minutes or so.

Oh yeah I know that but that's who Pulis chose to put on when Traore went off.  Fletcher could have gone on but he didn't and even Bamford could have.  May mean something, may mean nothing.

Oh yeah I know that but that's who Pulis chose to put on when Traore went off.  Fletcher could have gone on but he didn't and even Bamford could have.  May mean something, may mean nothing.

Ah I see, I thought you were referring to the amount of minutes he'd had. Yeah that makes sense

I can't wait for the season to start. Regardless of what goes on over the summer the start of a new season always feels special somehow. I think it's like Red Rocket said on the optimism/pessimism thread, it's the excitement of not knowing what the next 9/10 months will bring. Even this first game, we're not sure who will be in the side so trying to predict what might happen is anyone's guess. Given that Traore's out, I'd love to see us play some decent football without him and have a clear threat in open play. That alone would probably give me a little more confidence. On the flip side, if we roll over and look toothless then it probably just gives ammunition to those who think this season won't go so well.

I can't wait for the season to start. Regardless of what goes on over the summer the start of a new season always feels special somehow. I think it's like Red Rocket said on the optimism/pessimism thread, it's the excitement of not knowing what the next 9/10 months will bring. Even this first game, we're not sure who will be in the side so trying to predict what might happen is anyone's guess. Given that Traore's out, I'd love to see us play some decent football without him and have a clear threat in open play. That alone would probably give me a little more confidence. On the flip side, if we roll over and look toothless then it probably just gives ammunition to those who think this season won't go so well.

It may give them ammunition ..but they’ve only got pea shooters

I’m really excited for it. Like CT said always that feeling of what may happen. I can’t say I’m as optimistic as I was last season, but that could be a good thing as there’s likely to be less disappointment.

I think the last week of the window might give a bit more insight into how our season is likely to go. I don’t think it’s dramatic to say that whether Traore stays or goes is likely to shape our season. Not necessarily ruin our season if he goes, but will definitely shape our style of play either way.

Like most I’m starting to get very excited. Would have loved to come over for the meet up and go to the game. Would love to end the transfer window well and get off to a good start. That would really bring confidence back.