•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Randz and Downing 7

Braithwaite, Howson, Flint, Besic and Clayton 6

Saville, Gestede and Pulis 5

Ayala, Friend, Shotton, Britt and Hugill 4

Aside from Randolph and downing those figures are generous. 3 and 4 for the lot. 1 for pulis.

Randz and Downing 7

Braithwaite, Howson, Flint, Besic and Clayton 6

Saville, Gestede and Pulis 5

Ayala, Friend, Shotton, Britt and Hugill 4

Aside from Randolph and downing those figures are generous. 3 and 4 for the lot. 1 for pulis.

What did Randolph do to distinguish himself?

1 for pulis.

Goodness me.

Do you actually believe that he deserves anything but the lowest marks? His team was set up like a Sunday league team with hangovers and he couldn’t change it during the match. It was a horrible display from the man who is responsible for setting the team up. He might as well not have been there.

We lost the game thanks to 2 instances of not closing down enough and some *** poor individual displays at the back, particularly from Ayala who gives you so much better than that 9 times out of 10. We weren't battered from start to finish. We weren't utterly embarrassed like that 2nd half performance against Derby at home last season.

I don't even want to defend Pulis, I didn't give him a favourable rating at all. We didn't create enough. We didn't freshen the team up enough despite him complaining about the schedule. But I'm sat looking at some of the individual displays from yesterday and thinking that barring Downing and Randolph, who actually went back into that dressing room, especially at full-time, and can justify their performance to the manager? How much of that do we shift onto the manager whilst letting the players get off relatively scot-free? Why do Ayala, Shotton, Flint and Saville get 3s and 4s whilst the manager gets a 1?

I'll reserve the 1s for the most dreadful of displays. Days when we've been truly trounced and created nothing in return. Yesterday was bad but it doesn't even come close to how bad things can get in a football match. For me, it wasn't even our worst display of the season.

Matter of opinion. I think it was a pathetic display and a new low. We needed a result to go into the break and take advantage of Leeds slipping up earlier. Instead of trying to win our manager did every thing he could to set the team up not to lose instead of trying to win. It was a pathetic display on the sidelines and I dread to think how is pre match motivational speech turned out. It wouldn’t surprise me if he actually had the team taking a nap pre match.

The players got 3 and 4 because they played like Pulis wanted them to play. They carried out his game plan. They did the job that was asked of them from our negative manager. Yesterday it really dawned on me that Pulis is never going to take us up.

Is it really May already? We needed a result? I suppose Leeds aren't going up automatically either?

Come on, mate. We're quarter of the way into a season, we're only into the 2nd international break and we're still one win away from the top right now. Not to mention that the entire league table is set up for all sorts still. There are only 2 places in the table where there is a gap of more than 1 point, both of them are 3 point gaps. Between QPR and Rotherham in 18th/19th and... us and Forest in 4th/5th. 10 places in the table are separated by goal difference alone. To go on like yesterday is the end of the world seems absolutely mad to me, it's not even the end of the world for Stoke or Villa. It's not over for Brum or QPR. It's not even close to being over for us. No single game is going to define our season at this stage.

I don't often contribute to this thread as I think it's difficult to put a score next to a performance but I'd be surprised if any Boro player merited more than a 5 yesterday. I've read some praise for Downing on match thread but I'm struggling to see what it was for. Get the ball, feint to cut inside, go outside without the pace to get past your man, cross the ball into nobody in particular and repeat. Every now and then switch it up by actually coming inside with the ball on your left peg and crossing it to nobody in particular. Don't get me wrong, on a list of things to complain about yesterday he is just about at the bottom along with Braithwaite but there's a difference between playing well and playing less badly than others.

I don't think anyone played well yesterday but one or two of them played less badly than the others. Both fullbacks were incredibly poor, Ayala wasn't great as well. Besic and Saville contributed next to nothing. Howson improved in the second half in fairness to him and Hugill could be given marks for his comedic value to the game.

As for Pulis, he picked the side, we were second best pretty much from the start and he waited until we were behind to make any changes. I'm not sure what mark people think he deserves for yesterday but 1 seems fair enough to me as he was as culpable as anyone yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...