oneBoro Forum

oneBoro MOTM/Player Ratings Thread 2018/19 Season

The pattern is getting clearer and clearer. When we win  Pulis is getting high when we lose (or draw) he is bottom....

This just in, when we lose, people attribute it to the manager getting it wrong, when we win, people attribute it to the manager getting it right.

More at 10.

But it’s not always the managers fault. The players have to take responsibility for their own errors too

That’s why the players also get lower ratings after a loss.

I’m sure she didn’t just mean they get lower marks when we lose That’d be pretty obvious at all clubs. Maybe it was the fact that pullis has a bigger jump In marks than the players when we win and lose as if it’s always more his fault than the players

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Pulis is the figurehead of the club, so I think people give him the most responsibility for a result. Just like a manager in any form of business, you carry the can if your teams done *** :D

Well Pulis is the figurehead of the club, so I think people give him the most responsibility for a result. Just like a manager in any form of business, you carry the can if your teams done *** :D

Yeh but if you pick 11 players and they win your great if you pick the same 11 next week and get hammered then it’s your fault.

Yeh but if you pick 11 players and they win your great if you pick the same 11 next week and get hammered then it’s your fault.

All managers do is pick the 11.

Literally their job.

Literally their job.

Oh good one. So if you pick 11 winners one week then the same 11 next week and they are crap it’s your fault

That’s their only job. Really. Not training Man management not tactics not scouting just pick an 11

That’s their only job. Really. Not training Man management not tactics not scouting just pick an 11

Well, if that’s what you believe then I can’t help you.

Literally their job.

Oh good one.    So if you pick 11 winners one week then the same 11 next week and they are crap it’s your fault

If you set them up wrong and they are obviously not preparet or motivatet well enough then yes, it's the managers fault. Sure the players play a huge part too, but the Derby game is a good example of how the manager got it wrong. They were set up wrong, looked badly prepared and not fired up at all. The motivational speech before each game is such a huge factor. Derby could have been out of sight before the manager realised it and changed it helping us to get back into it. The manager deserved credit for acknowledging it and changing it but if it wasn't for Derbys own faults and Randolph heroism we could have been spanked.

is realy motiviation that importent? Shouldent the player feel that themselves? Should they be proffesional footballers if they cant get motivated before a game?

It's really important. You hear it all the time from players. Thats wht it's also important for the managers to renew their speaches and not just keep going in the same themes/circles. The best of them understand that.

is realy motiviation that importent? Shouldent the player feel that themselves? Should they be proffesional footballers if they cant get motivated before a game?

It's really important. You hear it all the time from players. Thats wht it's also important for the managers to renew their speaches and not just keep going in the same themes/circles. The best of them understand that.

Is your boss at work good at that? Mine never hold a speech, I do my job anyway ;)

Is your boss at work good at that? Mine never hold a speech, I do my job anyway ;)

You're kidding, right?

Literally their job.

Oh good one.    So if you pick 11 winners one week then the same 11 next week and they are crap it’s your fault

If you set them up wrong and they are obviously not preparet or motivatet well enough then yes, it's the managers fault. Sure the players play a huge part too, but the Derby game is a good example of how the manager got it wrong. They were set up wrong, looked badly prepared and not fired up at all. The motivational speech before each game is such a huge factor. Derby could have been out of sight before the manager realised it and changed it helping us to get back into it. The manager deserved credit for acknowledging it and changing it but if it wasn't for Denmarks own faults and Randolph heroism we could have been spanked.

Corrected it from an Irish point of view BD  :D