oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

oneBoro MOTM/Player Ratings Thread 2018/19 Season

Boro v Ipswich 28-Dec-2018

For once, the keeper winning wasn't the sign of a terrible game!

SqgxxJ0.jpg

Says it all that the top two players against the worst team in the league were our goalkeeper and a 19 year old sub who can't buy a start.

He did come on when the rest of the team started to drift, didn't really have much chance to significantly effect the game. Think we'd have been better leaving Hugill on and bringing maybe Tav on for Howson or Wing and giving us a bit more energy on both sides of the pitch. Downing isn't the kind of player who comes on to force them a few yards further back on his own, indeed.

Wow people didn't like Lewis Wings game against Derby then, hey. I thought he was really good again!

And so help me god if he doesn't win POTM against Posh, something is terribly wrong with all of you!

Wow people didn't like Lewis Wings game against Derby then, hey. I thought he was really good again!

And so help me god if he doesn't win POTM against Posh, something is terribly wrong with all of you!

I'm only doing league games. Sos!

I'm only doing league games. Sos!

Dangit, in that case he wins this week by default, that's the rule.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• I mentioned "Leadership" in my reply to Leesider earlier, there wasn't much of it in evidence. Warnock has created a problem in giving the armband to Britt. It hasn't improved his game and he isn't a Leader. That's not Britt's fault but the lack of a Grant style Leader when they scored was an abject embarrassment.
    • He didn't leave his man on the left side.  That wasn't his man, that's my point.  Rothwell actually was his man, which is why he does drift across the pitch.  Spence's mistake was switching off but he was in the 'right' place, based on how we seem to want to defend, which seems to be that every player has a specific opposition player they are supposed to follow.  Howson is marking nobody at all because he leaves Armstrong, who isn't his man in the first place, and he is also the only player in position to clear the ball, but he stops moving and stands still even when the opposition have gotten goal side of him.  You can't play anyone offside in that situation so what are you doing standing still when you know you're the last man back?   That is terrible play from a player who has enough experience to realise what is happening.  He does it time and time again, he did it when he was playing as a defender for us as well. 
    • Reminds me of school football when kids run around in packs following the ball when just starting out. A bit like dogs and cats when you shine a laser light, OK that’s funny the former is not. 
    • The question is, who mangers the line. Who calls to push, drop, come in, out, stay tight, pull out? It’s a clear lack of leadership and communication. 
    • Quite clearly shows,(2nd photo) initial phrase of attack Howson picking up Armstrong and (1st photo) shows Spence marking Rothwell who then he loses completely and scores. He's getting ripped to shreds because week after week he makes the same sh*t mistakes which cost us. Everyone is entitled to opinion and I respect that but people seem to think you cant criticise or have an opinion on a youngster which is wrong when they are constantly making the same mistakes.