oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 3-0 (Braithwaite,Flint,Downing)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s not a bad starting 11 is it.. couple more additions in the right areas and it’s not bad. For me the weak links are still Friend, Downing and Shotton. At least Grants not playing though. Excited to see a full 90 hopefully for Wing!

I'm excited for Wing, really hope he takes his opportunity. I'm desperate to see Chapman get a decent amount of time as well.

Gazette in the press area of the Riverside - it appears that they have made up properly! Both Phil Tallentire and Anthony Vickers in attendance!

Liking the side - interesting to see the balance in the middle three with Wing in there.

They are saying on the radio that it is 5 at the back, with Shotton and Downing as wing backs.. With Braithwaite playing just off Assombalonga.

Where are they getting that from?

They are saying on the radio that it is 5 at the back, with Shotton and Downing as wing backs.. With Braithwaite playing just off Assombalonga.

From absolutely nowhere, I can imagine. Wing has come in for Leadbitter, hardly designates a huge tactical shift.

Just noticed that McNair is back on the bench, too.

From absolutely nowhere, I can imagine. Wing has come in for Leadbitter, hardly designates a huge tactical shift.

That's what I was thinking but they've gone into depth with it. Saying it gives Assombalonga more support and also saying Shotton with have a lot to do..

Did we have any standout games last season playing 3 at the back? I just remember us all over under Monk playing it and ultra dull when we did it a couple of times under Pulis.

When I read the team sheet personally I assumed 451 with Wing RM Downing LM and Braithwaite at 10/CF off Britt, if it's a 5 atb then I am way less confident.

That's what I was thinking but they've gone into depth with it. Saying it gives Assombalonga more support and also saying Shotton with have a lot to do..

He certainly would. Shotton is probably the key reason I suspect it ISN'T a wing-back system. He's a full-back at best. He's not somebody any manager would count on to provide width. Unless they have some incredible inside info, I suspect they've completely missed the trick and started making *** up because of one change in the team.

Did we have any standout games last season playing 3 at the back? I just remember us all over under Monk playing it and ultra dull when we did it a couple of times under Pulis.

When I read the team sheet personally I assumed 451 with Wing RM Downing LM and Braithwaite at 10/CF off Britt, if it's a 5 atb then I am way less confident.

It looks to me like the exact same system as the last game. Same defence, same frontline. The only change we've made is dropping Leadboots for Wing. Wing is a more positive midfielder who will almost certainly work as part of a 3 and Clayton will sit the deepest. I have no idea what substantiates a claim like a back 5 when looking at that team-sheet but it can only be info we don't know if it's true.