oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 3-0 (Braithwaite,Flint,Downing)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we have any standout games last season playing 3 at the back? I just remember us all over under Monk playing it and ultra dull when we did it a couple of times under Pulis.

When I read the team sheet personally I assumed 451 with Wing RM Downing LM and Braithwaite at 10/CF off Britt, if it's a 5 atb then I am way less confident.

It looks to me like the exact same system as the last game. Same defence, same frontline. The only change we've made is dropping Leadboots for Wing. Wing is a more positive midfielder who will almost certainly work as part of a 3 and Clayton will sit the deepest. I have no idea what substantiates a claim like a back 5 when looking at that team-sheet but it can only be info we don't know if it's true.

Not sure if it's a Maddo special I do remember last season in this same exact fixture United played 5 at the back and dominated us I think Gestede rescued us that day not sure if they still play 5 maybe that's the logic in thinking we're matching it I don't know.

Still downing is that team, what is it about him that managers like about him that keep him in the team when theres clearly more talented, energetic players coming through. Please Wing is starting, just hope he takes his chance now.

The Blades definitely play 5 across the back and in midfield in transition. Stevens and Baldock are their wing-backs and O'Connell often steps into midfield too, the way Maguire often did at the World Cup.

Back 3 - Fry, flint, Friend

Wingbacks - Shotton, downing

According to radio

4-3-3 on Boro match centre

Would of thought shotton was in back 3 instead of friend because pulis as said he’s best position is CB