oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 3-0 (Braithwaite,Flint,Downing)

Great 3 points

Only thing that bothers me is, Chapman could have had a good 10 minutes to feel the game ..

But overall I'm VERY happy

UTB

Bring on the Brumosaurus thread!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

3-0 and people moaning. Bore off really

Some of us are just gready. ;)  I would have liked another goal while we could - GD could be very important come the end of the season.  Would also like Fletcher to have got a goal because it would help his confidence.  I honestly think he's capable of being a good player, but his confidence got shot before his loan last season.

Really pleased with 3 points and the way we played.

Great first half, second half was pretty much standard seeing the game out. And to be fair, most of them looked absolutely shot. Wing looked like he was dead on his feet about 15 minutes before he came off. They all put a shift in and came out with the goals and a clean sheet, feels like a very deserved victory in spite of the way we dropped off.

The opposition wasn't a tough test though. We sorted them out early, we grabbed an early couple of goals and whilst I was laughing at Bernie saying they'd be dead and buried at 2-0, he was right to be honest. They didn't look at all fit and that's saying something considering our players looked ran to death in the final 15. They were poor and we took advantage of that.

Always good to kick off the home campaign with a convincing win regardless of the opposition though. We were tactically effective despite of the lack of signings too which was good to see.

On to the next match thread:

alan-partridge-gif-5.gif

Fantastic first half. Average second half.

Can’t decide between Wing and Braithwaite for MOTM. Wing probably just edges it but both were brilliant.

Downing was super as a wingback. Not so great as a winger. But to be fair to him I didn’t want him anywhere near the starting 11 before this game. I’d happily start him as a wing back after seeing him tonight. Would love Bryan for that position though.

Shotton was another shock. Who knew he could before that we’ll as a wing back? Some super crosses. Well done lad. Again though, I would still like a natural wing back.

Thought Fry looked very assured all game.

Apart from one dodgy moment, Flint was good and showed just how dangerous he is from set pieces. If the delivery is good he will score.

Friend didn’t do anything wrong, that I can remember.

Howson, Britt and Clayton all fine.

Randolph made a couple of excellent saves.

All in all a very satisfying performance.

Wing - Wonderful

Braithwaite - Brilliant

Downing - Delightful.

Thought Clayton looked great when paired with Howson and Wing and allowed to just do his thing. Started looking like bad Clayton when Leadbitter came on.

Britt had a brilliant first half, but seemed to accidentally switch into flubber boots for the 2nd half with some of those first touches!

Wing - Wonderful

Braithwaite - Brilliant

Downing - Delightful.

Thought Clayton looked great when paired with Howson and Wing and allowed to just do his thing. Started looking like bad Clayton when Leadbitter came on.

Britt had a brilliant first half, but seemed to accidentally switch into flubber boots for the 2nd half with some of those first touches!

They should never be paired again! 

They run in each others spaces, making the pass opportunities really damn bad .. No speed, no forward thinking .. Just letting the opposition come at us, so they can try to tackle..

Brilliant three points and well done to both pulis and the players. Changed things up and it worked. Didn’t get to see most of the first half unfortunately due to the ineptitude of the Boro Live service. Great to get off at home with a resounding win. But flint really needs to stop giving away goal scoring chances.

I don't think anyone can really complain about tonight's performance. Some players who have been vilified on here were excellent. Delighted with Wing, he could really save the club a lot of money as he was superb. Braithwaite also looks like a breath of fresh air. One swallow does not a summer make.... but lots of positives tonight

Brilliant three points and well done to both pulis and the players. Changed things up and it worked. Didn’t get to see most of the first half unfortunately due to the ineptitude of the Boro Live service. Great to get off at home with a resounding win. But flint really needs to stop giving away goal scoring chances.

Clayton's pass to Flint was awful .. the real reason Flint made that mistake

Leadbitter has clearly come on so we can keep the clean sheet. Not what I would have done though. Think the young ones need the minutes more. It’s not like we are hanging on 1-0

Trouble is how often does that actually work? I remember multiple times him pulling stunts like that with Clayton last season and it just invited massive pressure and cost us goals/points if I remember correctly.

Hes just a dinosaur really.

90+% of managers must be dinosaurs because most managers would of put Leadbitter on for wing. The dinosaur karanka use to make changes like that all the time.

Thank God we've still got Dinosaur comments, I was half-expecting some positive feelings going into the next match thread, I was worried I'd miss the mark entirely! Keep 'em coming!

Was interesting that Slaven during commentary said he knew a few lads in the dressing room and they all described Pulis as a great man manager. That should come as no great surprise to the man who brought the best out of Adama Traore but hey, its nice to hear that despite stuff going on behind the scenes like Bamford complaining about not playing that the lads still respect him. I'd be surprised if there were anywhere near as many who had respect for Monk.