oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield United 3-0 (Braithwaite,Flint,Downing)

Pulis was one step ahead of Chris Wilder for the whole game tactically. Pulis surprised him with a 3-5-2, albeit with Shotton pushing up for goals kicks and leaving the left flank to build up play, and then when Wilder tweaked things in the second half we switched to a 4-2-3-1 and went into game management mode. We're in a weak position at the moment with selling players who are yet to be replaced adequately and injuries to a few players so Pulis done great to make the best of a bad situation. Fantastic management by him.

Flint looked phenomenal (aside from that massive mistake which nearly cost us a goal). He's going to get his fair share of goals this season.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the first time a player has got man of the match the previous game, is fit for the next game and doesn't even make an appearance from the bench? Hope it's not a momentum killer!

Excellent result. Everyone put in a shift even players I'd rather not see starting.

On paper might seem daft to say about a 3-0 but I'm still concerned we are creating very very little from open play.

Infact I can't remember us creating anything other than our goals barring another flint header he could have put away.

Looking forward to seeing Wing progress. Hopefully he doesn't do a Johnson who also impressed for 2 or 3 matches.

Great game last night, just what we needed. First half was outstanding, I thought Shotton and Downing played excellent in their roles and were a threat throughout. The midfield three worked well, Clayton sat back into his role and allowed both Howson and Wing to play a bit more football which they both did, both looking to play the ball forward too which was nice to see. With McNair to come back into the fold too, I’m a little less concerned about strengthening their, although I wouldn’t mind seeing Besic back.

Braithwaite was really good throughout, he’s a good player there’s no doubt. Let’s just hope his head is in the right place, but as others pointed out I doubt he’d have played 90 mins both games if he wasn’t.

Enjoyed my view from my new seat in the West stand, I’m not too far from Pulis and found it really interesting watching him throughout the game. I felt he was getting frustrated at Britt throughout as he kept yelling at him and gesturing furiously, but then when he took him off he embraced him, and him and Britt were laughing and joking, so maybe he just likes to push him!

I think this was the first English game to be shown live on the red button and I was very pleased to be able to use it because the quality is HD and no issues with the feed.

The only downside is that it is only one camera and without the instant replays but at least it is there

Excellent result. Everyone put in a shift even players I'd rather not see starting.

On paper might seem daft to say about a 3-0 but I'm still concerned we are creating very very little from open play.

Infact I can't remember us creating anything other than our goals barring another flint header he could have put away.

Looking forward to seeing Wing progress. Hopefully he doesn't do a Johnson who also impressed for 2 or 3 matches.

Howson had a shot from inside the box after about 15 seconds....

I think this was the first English game to be shown live on the red button and I was very pleased to be able to use it because the quality is HD and no issues with the feed.

The only downside is that it is only one camera and without the instant replays but at least it is there

And the commentator was shocking  :)

It's the iFollow camera on Sky then. Boro must have an entirely separate set-up for their stream.

I think that’s the case. I was pretty impressed with the coverage on Riverside Live, there were a few technical problems, but they can be easily ironed out. 4 camera coverage of a match is as good as most Match of the Day games it’s good the club have gone the extra mile.

As soon as they get the audio levels sorted and get the director on talkback to the cameraman who’s shots were slightly soft at one point, it will be the best service available in the league.

It's the iFollow camera on Sky then. Boro must have an entirely separate set-up for their stream.

I think that’s the case. I was pretty impressed with the coverage on Riverside Live, there were a few technical problems, but they can be easily ironed out. 4 camera coverage of a match is as good as most Match of the Day games it’s good the club have gone the extra mile.

As soon as they get the audio levels sorted and get the director on talkback to the cameraman who’s shots were slightly soft at one point, it will be the best service available in the league.

Agree on that. Thought it was a very good coverage apart from the login issues which had me miss the opening 43 minutes. Very good to have the replays and the sound issues should be fixed for next game. If they can iron out those issues it's worth the subscription fee.

watched on red button last night.. who was that commentator. 

came out with a few naff remarks and insisted howson was still recieving passes after he was subbed off....but his best was... its been 3-0 now ever since the third goal went in.

Fair enough, was about 3/4 mins in before I got a stream.

Wing played a very similar style to how Besic played ,i thought , and along with Clayton and Downing (credit where its due)  were the stand out performers.  Having said that i was also suprised how poor Sheff utd were in the first half Wilder must have been fuming. Britt and Braithwaite were very good in the first half but  britts touch and control after the break was nowhere near as good second half and braithwaite faded as the game went on but all in all  a decent performance and great result.

Fair enough, was about 3/4 mins in before I got a stream.

Assombalonga could have stretched his legs for another chance in the box... 

Downing's great move but poor shot over the goal .. 

And a few half chances as well 

Thought it looked good with open play