oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham City 1-0 (Assombalonga)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get in! Great performance from us. Very resilient and should have been more than 1 if it weren't for a bounce here and there. Really liking this 3-5-2 formation, showing adaptability from Tony Pulis. 7 points from 3 games, not much more you could want.

I am not one for subs unless critical. I just think freaky players can and do cause problems not reading play and costing fouls. Just my take

Needed that energy back in the team. The players ran their socks of for 70/80mins before that. Wing, Britt and Assombalonga all needed refreshing to keep the score how it was.

Excellent results so far. 

Helping to turn the tide of negative energy around the place.

I'm liking the 5-3-2 as well, however I still think Shotton and Friend are weak links.

Howson MOTM for me too, thought he absolutely drove play today, and every game this season to be fair. Not sure where this Howson was last season!

Wing was great again, some absolutely sublime balls.

Braithwaite showed his absolute quality and deserved an assist for that backheel in the first half.

Assombalonga, I mean, should have had a hattrick. Let's be honest. How he's come out of that game with only 1 goal is beyond me.

Excellent results so far. 

Helping to turn the tide of negative energy around the place.

I'm liking the 5-3-2 as well, however I still think Shotton and Friend are weak links.

It is for sure.

Got to say I thought Shotton was top class today, delivery wasn't always brilliant but has the pace to get back if caught forward. Friend was good at LCB today also, kept Jutkiewicz fairly quiet considering it was Downing who was the covering Wing Back.

See it out in the end, after the red card it looked a bit simpler for us to do so. I wouldn't call it an overly convincing display, we looked a bit weak in the left-back area and Monk rightfully saw fit to challenge that with Juke but we did the job and we move on to the next one. 7 points from 3 games with Millwall away being one of them is not a bad start to the season but a long, long way to go yet.

A positive and a negative, Britt should have had a hat-trick. Gets a bit lucky with the first but he has to bury the second two chances.

Braithwaite drifted in and out of the game as we as a whole did but again providing some great bits of individual quality when needed.

Howson absolutely terrific, I hope what doubters he still has have been taking note of these past 2 games. Wing will get a lot of deserved credit again but Howson takes the man of the match for me today. Unlucky not to get a goal with the clearance before Britt's 2nd miss.

Flint/Howson/Shotton all very good today. I thought Friend had a poor game and was probably our worst player, far too many misplaced passes and Juke started to bully him. 3 good points though, onwards and upwards.