oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wilsoncgp

Boro vs Birmingham City 1-0 (Assombalonga)

did we manage to get him injured in the medical? At least it gives Britt an opportunity to show that he can lead the line.

I know he played okay on Tuesday but it feels so wrong putting Shotton as a RWB... Downing is okay on the right and I reckon Tav can handle a wing back role. With no proper wingers atm I think this 3-5-2 is the best we can do with what we've got. Hope to see McNair come on as fresh legs around an hour in.

Do expect Boro to win this one but it will be a tougher game than Sheff Utd, they were as bad as I've seen in a while at the Riverside.

------------------Daz----------------------

-----------Fry, Flint, Friend------------

Downing-----Clayton-------Tav------

------------Wing-----Howson------------

---------Braithwaite ----- Britt---------

If Shotton doesn't start tomorrow I'll show my backside in Binns window

Thanks for the dinosaurs you promised Wilson, I spotted not only Pulis but Alladyce, and Hodgson in there, how many did you get readers, and where was Warnock?

1 - 0 to the Boro from, yes you got it, a set piece, (yawn).

We didn't play with wingbacks on Tuesday so not sure why people are expecting it here...

We absolutely did at times play with wingbacks on Tuesday.

Not for the whole game, but they did make an appearance.

If Shotton doesn't start tomorrow I'll show my backside in Binns window

I don`t rate Shotton, but in this instance please oh please let him play

I really don't think we did.

Great opening post wilson - that cheered me up after yesterday.

Regular formations are now extinct.

We're going to play the lop-sided 4-2-2-1-1.

What we lack in style we will make up for in zero width.

------------------ Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Fry --- Flint --- Friend ------

------------------ Clayton -------- Downing --

---------------Wing -- McNair ----------------- 

----------------- Braithwaite  ------------------

--------------- Assombalonga -----------------

Pep Guardiola will be all over this new formation after our 1-0 win thanks to a McNair header from a corner puts us top of the league.

Up the Biro!

I really don't think we did.

We did for a spell in the first half, Pulis discussed it in his interview after the game.

I thought it was pretty obvious to be honest.

A very short spell. For the bulk of the game we didn't have them though, which I think is the more relevant point?

A very short spell. For the bulk of the game we didn't have them though, which I think is the more relevant point?

Yeah fair enough, I don't think it's going to be our typical formation. I was responding to the point that we didn't go with 3 centre backs.

We clearly did even though it was only for a spell in the first half.

Let's face it if you're lacking wingers/wide attacking players then it's a potential alternative formation you can use where you don't really need them. It makes sense that he's at least thinking about it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• Breaking... We have a New manager!! 
    • Cyprusboro   v   Blanco Istanbul Basaksehir v Copenhagen...( 1st Goalscorer.) Olympiakos v Wolves........................( 1st Goalscorer.) Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen............( 1st Goalscorer.) Wolfsburg v Shakhtar Donetsk...........( 1st Goalscorer.) Inter Milan v Getafe............................( 1st Goalscorer.) Sevilla v Roma...................................( 1st Goalscorer.) TBC  v  FC Basel...............................( 1st Goalscorer.) LASK v Manchester United..............( 1st Goalscorer.) I like to keep things interesting so it's The Europa League for this replay. 16 points again up for grabs ,lets not have another draw please I am running out of games.
    • This says it all to me.. "Steve knows what the situation is. He’s not daft. He has been in football a long time. He knows the crack.” What the absolute hell is this club?  It's like he's some lad from down the club who's having a go at running the Boro.  Oh hang on.. Club is knackered boys and girls..  it's just a load of lads having a lovely time.
    • I don't have a huge problem with a player being dropped for acting like a *** behind the scenes so in that sense I'm ambivalent about it as I think he deserves to be in the side but if you're a *** then tough luck.  Where I would have a problem is if his poor behaviour is directly linked to being dropped undeservedly in the first place then I might have a little sympathy with him.  If that is the case then it would feel like a manager trying to exert control on the group by singling out an easy target - a young lad who hasn't played much and by all accounts is a bit of a loner and probably isn't right at the heart of the group in a social sense.  I would also have a slight issue with us signing a bloke who has spent his career doing the same and worse and then making an example out of Spence.  It feels a bit like we're sending mixed messages there.  The argument that he did it before he signed here doesn't wash with me, you're still signing a player with a history of the same thing.