oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Notts County (Carabao Cup) 3-3 (Fletcher (2) Mahmutovic) (4-3 Pens)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wood plays any part he'll be Boro's youngest player ever

Yeah that's why I'm guessing even though I think he'll throw in 5-6 youngsters he'll avoid putting in Wood, we threw Fry in at the deep end a few years ago in these kind of cup games but we're talking about Fry being 17 at the time I think it'd be a hell of a statement and a lot of pressure on Wood to throw him in there.

I think an interesting question is if we assume we'll play 3 CBs whether we can throw in Djed Spence at RWB I mean he trained with the squad during pre season it's pretty low risk position to test a youngster out and it would let us rest Shotton but who knows. Pulis post match said because of the size of the squad he'd play quite a few youngsters here and that the fans would understand that I think we could easily see Tav/Chapman/Spence/Mahmutovic/Wood start here I doubt a cup run is high on anyone's priorities. Would love to see us shift to a 343 with Chap LW Tav RW Fletch ST that'd be an interesting watch with Spence/Johnson at wingback.

I'm hoping to see a few of the younglings in the squad tonight, but we do need to be wary of an upset. It will also be interesting to see if Marvin Johnson is in the squad today.

As much as the league is the focus, I do think decent cup runs help you out.

Wood has been doing pre-match training with the first team despite not being on the bench. And Pulis said in the manager meet-up at the Riverside something along the lines of "hopefully he'll get an appearance before he's 17 as that'd be fantastic". That means he'd have to pick him either today or in another cup game, surely. He's got all season to make that appearance for that to come true but tonight is as good a time as any.

Wood hasn't even been in the U23s, they played at Southampton on Friday and Wood seemingly wasn't in the squad. Mahmutovic and Spence both were. Obviously plenty of time for either of the latter to come in for tonight's game, Spence isn't a bad shout given that Shotton probably needs a rest but I reckon Mahmutovic is closer to our first team right now.

Wow, I hope they have their names on the backs of their shirts, otherwise somebody will have to introduce them to each other before the kickoff. There are wholesale changes and then there is this, best of luck to the lads making their debuts and season starts.

That screams 3 at the back again

----------------Lonergan----------------

-----Mahmutovic - Fry - Ayala-----

McGinley ---------------------Johnson

----------------Leadbitter-------------

---McNair-----------Chapman/Tavernier---

----------Tavernier/Chapman-----------------

-----------------Fletcher--------------