oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Notts County (Carabao Cup) 3-3 (Fletcher (2) Mahmutovic) (4-3 Pens)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Lonergans interview is pretty interesting actually - says the 2nd goal deflected off Daels foot and that's how it squeaked by, cause he was wondering how it beat him.

And after the 3rd goal where he made a good save and Stead was there to tap it in he was just asking for a bit of luck.

But he says he knows Stead and Jones and knew he would save their penalties.

Disagree about the third goal, looked like Lonergan thought it was going wide and only dived to make the save at the very last minute and managed to tip it onto the post, there wasn't a great deal of power on the ball and he should have gotten across to it earlier and either pushed it wide or collected it. Same for their other goal from outside the box, it trickled past him into the net and definitely should have saved it.

Also, his distribution was absolutely horrible last night, constantly picking out blue shirts.

Safe to say i'm not a fan after watching him last night.

Lonergans interview is pretty interesting actually - says the 2nd goal deflected off Daels foot and that's how it squeaked by, cause he was wondering how it beat him.

And after the 3rd goal where he made a good save and Stead was there to tap it in he was just asking for a bit of luck.

Disagree about the third goal, looked like Lonergan thought it was going wide and only dived to make the save at the very last minute and managed to tip it onto the post, there wasn't a great deal of power on the ball and he should have gotten across to it earlier and either pushed it wide or collected it. Same for their other goal from outside the box, it trickled past him into the net and definitely should have saved it.

Also, his distribution was absolutely horrible last night, constantly picking out blue shirts.

That wasn't my opinion about the great save by the way, that was how he himself described it.

That wasn't my opinion about the great save by the way, that was how he himself described it.

I see, he was constantly arguing with the officials too