oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wilsoncgp

Boro vs Notts County (Carabao Cup) 3-3 (Fletcher (2) Mahmutovic) (4-3 Pens)

Just watched the highlights on you tube. What shirt number was Walker wearing? It looked like it had two large blobs on the back.

Just watched the highlights on you tube. What shirt number was Walker wearing? It looked like it had two large blobs on the back.

Lonergans interview is pretty interesting actually - says the 2nd goal deflected off Daels foot and that's how it squeaked by, cause he was wondering how it beat him.

And after the 3rd goal where he made a good save and Stead was there to tap it in he was just asking for a bit of luck.

But he says he knows Stead and Jones and knew he would save their penalties.

Disagree about the third goal, looked like Lonergan thought it was going wide and only dived to make the save at the very last minute and managed to tip it onto the post, there wasn't a great deal of power on the ball and he should have gotten across to it earlier and either pushed it wide or collected it. Same for their other goal from outside the box, it trickled past him into the net and definitely should have saved it.

Also, his distribution was absolutely horrible last night, constantly picking out blue shirts.

Safe to say i'm not a fan after watching him last night.

Lonergans interview is pretty interesting actually - says the 2nd goal deflected off Daels foot and that's how it squeaked by, cause he was wondering how it beat him.

And after the 3rd goal where he made a good save and Stead was there to tap it in he was just asking for a bit of luck.

Disagree about the third goal, looked like Lonergan thought it was going wide and only dived to make the save at the very last minute and managed to tip it onto the post, there wasn't a great deal of power on the ball and he should have gotten across to it earlier and either pushed it wide or collected it. Same for their other goal from outside the box, it trickled past him into the net and definitely should have saved it.

Also, his distribution was absolutely horrible last night, constantly picking out blue shirts.

That wasn't my opinion about the great save by the way, that was how he himself described it.

That wasn't my opinion about the great save by the way, that was how he himself described it.

I see, he was constantly arguing with the officials too

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I remember sitting in a pub in the Algarve that had a load of different games in TV for that 8-1 game. Was with my dad and brother, next to a bunch of united fans (were playing Wigan who were just above us going into that final weekend). Drunkenly said to one of them that I'll get a round of shots in for every goal they put past Wigan, and one of their group chimed in that he'd do the same every time we scored.   Safe to say I got the better deal
    • I think you may be right. I seem to remember moaning about the lack of goals we scored that season. 
    • That City game was a freak game rather than a brilliant performance.  It was common knowledge that Ericsson was going to be sacked after the game so I don't think their players were fully motivated, City went down to 10 men and a few of their players threw the towel in after that. We scored a few great goals in that game but it felt a bit like a friendly game towards the end of the match.  I think that result has become more famous over the years because of how big City have become, before they had the money they were no bigger than us as a club and it felt like we used to beat them every season. 
    • Funnily enough enough as far as I remember that 8-1 was the only game that entire season when we scored more than 2 goals. I may be wrong but it's what I remember, didn't bother checking haha. 
    • I went for Brentford.  I think the games I'd like to see are the last game at Ayresome Park, Boro 4-1 vs United and Man City 8-1. The last 2 would be a great reminder to the recent Boro teams you are allowed to win by more than a goal and score more than 3 on occasions.