oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wilsoncgp

Boro vs Bristol City (A) 2-0 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

Was that a Randolph assist? Their defence did not look comfortable at all there. Havoc out of nothing.

Bit embarrassed to say I thought the reds were boro (face palm)

Lewis Wing makes a rare mistake and gives the ball away in the middle but Boro recover well.

Was that a Randolph assist? Their defence did not look comfortable at all there. Havoc out of nothing.

Was it a l**g b**l ?

It was,

There's a link to the goal if anyone wants to see it.

Flint's going to have a field day at every corner here wonder if we send him up for throw ins as well they can't get close to him in the air.

Flint's going to have a field day at every corner here wonder if we send him up for throw ins as well they can't get close to him in the air.

We already do send him up for the long throw ins

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I think people are getting carried away in believing NW will build a potential promotional squad next season, were as I believe he is employed to balance the books with bargain bin players for championship sustainability.  I don’t believe NW signed to ensure promotion only then to walk away if it was achieved, because the squad would need to be rebuilt to maintain its position. Like I said I believe his role is to mop up and leave, which makes sense simply because he is not building for the following season and has nothing to prove or answer for, he trots off into retirement, after balancing the books with  a team that can reasonably compete in a league the town can afford.    
    • I have watched some higlights different angles from the first Swansea goal .. If the ball doesnt deflect off Spence .. It would be off target across the box
    • I agree with all that but I'm talking about next season rather than this one and the parameters that Warnock may have to work with and in the context of some of the names and amount of new players being suggested on here generally. Not wishing to dampen the enthusiasm in any way but I think there will need to be a harsh new financial reality in football generally and with Boro in particular.  I'm speculating that £12M is the absolute minimum wage bill but SG might be willing to find more funds. A full season without gate income at the Riverside, Bulkhaul hit by Brexit and the Hotel closed for the last 12 months will have had a significant hit. Out of the eleven mentioned, Bettenelli, McNair, Hall, Howson, Saville, Bolasie, Akpom, Fletcher, Kebano, Roberts and Assombalonga, six of them, (Bettenelli, Fletcher, Bolasie, Kebano, Roberts and Assombalonga) won't be there and if in the case of Fletcher for example is here it won't be on the same terms. I'm guessing that Hall is nearer the £10K a week purely from reports around the time of his transfer leaving just McNair, Howson and Saville on the bigger salaries. How much we are contributing to Bolasie, Kebano and Bettenelli's wages at the minute I have no idea but it is probably eye watering.