oneBoro Forum

Boro vs West Bromwich Albion 1-0 (Ayala)

Who’s this absolute belter doing the punditry with Mark ??

Hates to send any kind of compliment to Boro

I was wondering that too Uwe, who is he ?

Keith Andrews, on a lot of the Sky championship coverage and never has a good thing to say about us.

That at least goes some way towards why my cousin texted me half an hour ago saying 'That Keith Richards is a knob'  :funny:

In his defence he started drinking at about 2pm today.

Keith Andrews apparently played for Wolves and about 14 other teams in the lower leagues between 2000 and 2016. Quite why that qualifies him to be a pundit is beyond me. Your cousin is right though he is a knob

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who’s this absolute belter doing the punditry with Mark ??

Hates to send any kind of compliment to Boro

I was wondering that too Uwe, who is he ?

Keith Andrews, on a lot of the Sky championship coverage and never has a good thing to say about us.

That at least goes some way towards why my cousin texted me half an hour ago saying 'That Keith Richards is a knob'  :funny:

In his defence he started drinking at about 2pm today.

Take it your cousin's more a fan of Jazz than Rock n Roll!

Good hard fought and gritty win which was deserved.

Thank goodness no VAR!

The more we win the less the posts, what's going on?

I think people are less inclined to follow the match on the forum when they can access it on a stream or on TV.

Plus all the best arguments only happen when we lose  :)

Excellent result. I'd just convinced myself that a point was a good result against West Brom, then boom, danalalayala pops up and shows me the error of my ways.

Thought the first half we were great. All over them and really should have scored. We got tonnes of corners, all on our right side strangely enough. Second half was a bit more even.

The ref had a bit of a stinker. How many times did West Brom players get away with just yanking boro players back. Cheeky so and so's.

Thought howson had a good game again. Hes turning into a really decent player for us. Good replacement for grant.

Excellent result. I'd just convinced myself that a point was a good result against West Brom, then boom, danalalayala pops up and shows me the error of my ways.

Thought the first half we were great. All over them and really should have scored. We got tonnes of corners, all on our right side strangely enough. Second half was a bit more even.

The ref had a bit of a stinker. How many times did West Brom players get away with just yanking boro players back. Cheeky so and so's.

Thought howson had a good game again. Hes turning into a really decent player for us. Good replacement for grant.

True, but Dani got away with absolute murder in his own box too, he probably could have conceded 2 pennas for holding today.

What a night. Had to stay in. Could find the now tv remote. Bought day pass and watched on tablet. Service was crap. Had to reload 5 or 6 times Finally cut out just as the free kick was coming in for the goal. So frustrating. Now just spent an hour getting refunded. They did.

So happy days at last!!!!

Deserved the win for the first half performance.  The second wasn't at the same level but it would be difficult to keep that going for the full 90 mins.  The pressing was excellent and defensively we mostly looked sound other than the odd moment here and there.  We didn't quite have enough quality with the ball to really take hold of the game, it was our work without it that give us the control of the first half.  That being said we should have been ahead at half time, I thought Braithwaite's chance should have been taken and Britt should have shot first time when Howson set him up instead of letting the ball go past him as the angle was too narrow by that point and their GK had shortened the gap between himself and ball anyway.  Other than Howson's header the other 'chances' were mostly the ball pinging around the box allthough Downing did hit a good strike.  I'd be surprised if even in the first half their keeper made many saves mind, which was a little bit disappointing when you consider the flow of the game.

The second half was a slightly different story.  They showed a bit more as you'd expect and we couldn't quite keep our pressing up as much either.  It looked like they should have had a penalty through Ayala fouling one of their lads from one of their set pieces but the ref didn't spot it or did spot it and decided to ignore it.  The goal when it came seemed a touch fortunate as it looked like he'd used his hand or certainly the ball hitting his hand set him up.

Overall it was a good defensive display and we looked physically well matched against them but the football was a bit ordinary, which is a shame because every now and then we play some decent stuff proving that we can do it.  But play well inside their half and press inside their half is clearly what we were about and it helped us to the win even though it was another set piece that actually grabbed the three points for us in the end.  I wonder what our approach will be next week.

Yeah, I'd keep the same team whilst we're in such good form. I'll go for an edgy 1-0 victory in this one.

;)

We changed the team so this prediction is therefore null and void  :crying:   

Better luck next time  :tear:

Deserved the win for the first half performance.  The second wasn't at the same level but it would be difficult to keep that going for the full 90 mins.  The pressing was excellent and defensively we mostly looked sound other than the odd moment here and there.  We didn't quite have enough quality with the ball to really take hold of the game, it was our work without it that give us the control of the first half.  That being said we should have been ahead at half time, I thought Braithwaite's chance should have been taken and Britt should have shot first time when Howson set him up instead of letting the ball go past him as the angle was too narrow by that point and their GK had shortened the gap between himself and ball anyway.  Other than Howson's header the other 'chances' were mostly the ball pinging around the box allthough Downing did hit a good strike.  I'd be surprised if even in the first half their keeper made many saves mind, which was a little bit disappointing when you consider the flow of the game.

The second half was a slightly different story.  They showed a bit more as you'd expect and we couldn't quite keep our pressing up as much either.  It looked like they should have had a penalty through Ayala fouling one of their lads from one of their set pieces but the ref didn't spot it or did spot it and decided to ignore it.  The goal when it came seemed a touch fortunate as it looked like he'd used his hand or certainly the ball hitting his hand set him up.

Overall it was a good defensive display and we looked physically well matched against them but the football was a bit ordinary, which is a shame because every now and then we play some decent stuff proving that we can do it.  But play well inside their half and press inside their half is clearly what we were about and it helped us to the win even though it was another set piece that actually grabbed the three points for us in the end.  I wonder what our approach will be next week.

This one highlighted - Britt should shoot first time, you're right, but in his defence there's absolutely no way he's expecting a pass there. He's looking for the potential rebound on a Howson shot, which is why his feet are all wrong to receive the pass and why he ended up so wide.

This one highlighted - Britt should shoot first time, you're right, but in his defence there's absolutely no way he's expecting a pass there. He's looking for the potential rebound on a Howson shot, which is why his feet are all wrong to receive the pass and why he ended up so wide.

This is merely your opinion please don't present it as fact there's a good chap.  I don't mind what you say it's just the way that you say it old bean  :heart:

Yeah, I'd keep the same team except for putting Ayala in for Wing so that he can score a stoppage time winner whilst we're in such good form. I'll go for an edgy 1-0 victory in this one.

;)

We changed the team so this prediction is therefore null and void  :crying:   

Better luck next time  :tear:

Are you sure? I'd go back and read it again :tear:

• Like 1