oneBoro Forum

Boro vs West Bromwich Albion 1-0 (Ayala)

Ooh yeah and I almost forgot a special word for Hugill and that word is carthorse   :)

He probably didn't but it felt like he fouled their players more than he touched the bloody ball after he came on.  Probably trying a bit too hard to impress though in fairness to the barman I mean Premier League hired gun  :cowboy:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I'd keep the same team except for putting Ayala in for Wing so that he can score a stoppage time winner  whilst we're in such good form. I'll go for an edgy 1-0 victory in this one.

;)

We changed the team so this prediction is therefore null and void  :crying:   

Better luck next time  :tear:

Are you sure? I'd go back and read it again :tear:

:liar:

Lower than a snake's belly you are Foogle  :disgusted:

Yeah, I'd keep the same team except for putting Ayala in for Wing so that he can score a stoppage time winner  whilst we're in such good form. I'll go for an edgy 1-0 victory in this one.

;)

Are you sure? I'd go back and read it again :tear:

:liar:

Lower than a snake's belly you are Foogle  :disgusted:

Tarnations :cowboy:

Ooh yeah and I almost forgot a special word for Hugill and that word is carthorse   :)

He probably didn't but it felt like he fouled their players more than he touched the bloody ball after he came on.  Probably trying a bit too hard to impress though in fairness to the barman I mean Premier League hired gun  :cowboy:

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hasn't played competitive football in any significant degree since January, and like you say, was probably trying too hard.

Still, can't imagine that performance was what he had in mind when he dreamed of playing for Boro from the stands  :disgusted:

Heres something you will not get from me very often, praise for Tony Pulis, I thought he got his tactics spot on tonight

I just couldn't help but reply to this. Pikerman we are going up under the best manager in the championship. You will realise it soon enough

Really happy with last nights result. I was a little bit apprehensive when I saw their team sheet, got a really good squad with some premier league quality, and got some good firepower in Gayle, Rodriguez, and Phillips.

Thought Pulis tactically did fantastic to nullify their attacking threat, and in the first half especially it never really felt like they would score. They had a bit more in the second half, but defensively we were very solid.

Thought our midfield was outstanding, again. I’ve always been a big fan of Howson, but I feel he’s started this year on fire. Outstanding, box to box complete midfielder display last night.

I’ve also given Clayton a bit of stick over the last few months, but he looks back to his best in my opinion over these last few games. He’s really settled back into that DM role, and long may it continue.

Been really impressed with Fry and Flint, is that four clean sheets in a row? Fair play to both of them for stepping up in Gibson’s absence.

My one small criticism was that I thought Britt and Braithwaite had slightly off nights, but nothing too bad.

All in all, a great result against a team that I fully expect to be up there at the end of the season. I’m now really excited to see how we do against Leeds next week!

Yeah, I'd keep the same team whilst we're in such good form. I'll go for an edgy 1-0 victory in this one.

;)

And also include first goal scorer :oops:

What a night. Had to stay in. Could find the now tv remote. Bought day pass and watched on tablet. Service was crap. Had to reload 5 or 6 times Finally cut out just as the free kick was coming in for the goal. So frustrating. Now just spent an hour getting refunded. They did.

So happy days at last!!!!

Get sky you tight bugger

There were a couple of occasions he held the ball up with a big hairy ***d defender at his back and I doubt anyone else we have would be capable of doing that

Thought some of Britt's play was very good but he does need to sharpen up somewhat and I would assume that he will be a little leaner once the IB is over and done.

However again he was lacking in support at times and therefore lose any opportunity to see how the passage of play may have panned out if he was supported more.

Yeah it was a tough game for either teams strikers. The formations matching up and both teams having lots of bodies back nullified quality chances to the strikers. We were rightly cautious of the leagues top scorers in that respect though.

Agreed, Foogle!

Class strikers in this division, Gayle ( who somewhat looked like a woman yesterday) and Rodriguez looked quite ordinary, cause WE defended very well!

We were the better team and wanted it more!

What a team effort it was!

What a night. Had to stay in. Could find the now tv remote. Bought day pass and watched on tablet. Service was crap. Had to reload 5 or 6 times Finally cut out just as the free kick was coming in for the goal. So frustrating. Now just spent an hour getting refunded. They did.

Get sky you tight bugger

How rude !!!!! LOL

Would only watch Boro on sky if i had it so not cost effective. Usually would watch in pub but had to look after kids as Friday nights the wife's bingo night!!!

great result and great performance for the major part of the 90 mins. Pulis got the tactics spot on and theres a good togetherness and understanding developing now.

individually (within the team performance)for me the really good performances came from Shotton,Fry, Clayton, Downing and Howson.  wheras with West Brom the only individuals that came close to worrying me were Phillps and to a lesser extent or less frequently Rodriquez and Barnes.

they will be around the top 6 at the end but we outwitted them tactically and fully deserved the win .Two teams pretty equal in squad depth and ability but the major difference could well be the nous of the manager come May.

Get sky you tight bugger

How rude !!!!! LOL

Would only watch Boro on sky if i had it so not cost effective. Usually would watch in pub but had to look after kids as Friday nights the wife's bingo night!!!

Bingo! Get a grip man :) . You ‘now we are on next fri aswell