oneBoro Forum
wilsoncgp

Boro vs West Bromwich Albion 1-0 (Ayala)

Clayts, Downing And Howson all okaying well. We need to get Braithwait and Britt a bit mor involved

Howson has to shoot there. Britt is not expecting the pass he’s waiting for a possible rebound

Martin Braithwaite has been phenomenal this half.

Adam Clayton has been superb in midfield.

And I'm enjoying watching us play!

BEEN GREAT SO FAR FROM THE LADS.

the goal will come for us, they are running out of ideas and just hoofing it atm.

Howson has to shoot there. Britt is not expecting the pass he’s waiting for a possible rebound

yep on sky had britt on zoom. lip reading looks like he was saying exactly that.

Just hope it's not one of those 'should of scored when we are dominating' kind of games.

Surely West Brom will offer a bit more second half

we were absolutely excellent. hope we can keep it up to be honest!

Good first half. Boys worked exceptionally hard. Brom just not at the races just yet. They Played some nice stuff but collapsed in the final third

We should’ve scored but need to stop trying to force it

Second half nail biter anybody???

A really good half for us there apart from that attempted clearance from Flint. We are in their faces and stopping their moves, a really good hard fought game this.

Tenacious first half performance from us, Howson and Downing pulling the strings. We are keeping our shape nicely Braithwaite looks lively, let’s push on second half.

Good first half where we dominated. Luckily Flint didn't score an OG there!

I think we will see Hugill coming on around with 60-70 minutes played.

I actually enjoy watching us play and the good fight and direct style suits us... Keep it up lads and goals will come!

We look absolutely knackered. First 5-10 minutes we were on the back foot without ever really being troubled. Flint hits our own crossbar, gets away with that one. Set-pieces clearly tried to catch them out expecting a lumped ball into the box before reverting back to just that. Howson is unlucky not to score when it deflects off Britt, should have took it on himself when it come to him from Braithwaite and the latter should score right towards the end of that half.

West Brom aren't in the game. But we are running our socks off without getting anything for it at the moment. That energy won't last. I hope we manage to start the 2nd half with the same intensity and grab a goal before we're running on empty.

• Latest Posts

• 1.       Did Sunday’s game make you wish you’d never got into football in the first place? No, but it was the lowest I've felt after a game for a long time, probably compounded by lockdown etc  2.       Since we lost the last game, should we be expecting to win this one? Yes, NW will have them firing and I think we'll see a performance similar to the Forest game. 3.       Can you name eleven fit Boro players and put them into some semblance of a formation? 3-4-3 Bettinelli Mcnair Wood Bola Spence Howson Saville Coulson Roberts Watmore Akpom 4.       If we could resign one Boro player from the last ten years, who would it be, and why? If we could resign someone at the same age/condition we signed them initially then i'd say Leadbitter. I think he'd thrive under Warnock and bring some much needed leadership. If it's someone who's still in the game then it would have to be Traore. 5.       Have you been in an accident in the last five years that wasn’t your fault? No.
    • 1. No, but it completely ruined the match for me and I'm still angry now. 2. It's a game we absolutely should be winning, but then so was Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday etc... 3. Bit worried about Wood likely starting after his performance yesterday, but I expect he'll be better prepared this time. 4. Traore, he'd tear this league apart. 5. I actually don't think I have!
    • It seems most January windows end with Gibson having a call to make on what he wants to do. I hope we have a Jordon Rhodes/Ramirez week rather than  a Gestede week.
    • I think I will still be in shock and disbelief about the last game till after this game, regardless of whether we win or lose. 
    • 1: No, but I was close to vomiting. 2: Yes 3: Bets, Hows, Wood, McNair, Bola -- Morsy, Saville, Watmore, Roberts, Britt, Chuba 4: Bamford - He is what we need at the moment .. Someone who can finish and make it look clever at the same time. 5: No accidents