oneBoro Forum

Who next?

I genuinely think it will be Woodgate no matter what happens. The number of games he’s taken is proper apprentice stuff.

With all the kids coming through and the club being on a sound footing I think the time is right to put in place a long term Boro based coaching set up. If he stays I’d expect Leadbitter to go to coach the kids. George may well do as well.

We’ve got a lot of folk around the club who get what it means and how it needs to work. I think Gibson might now try to start building consistency rather than throw everything out every time someone leaves.

Perhaps that’s too simplistic but I’d like to think we could do something like that.

Surely if we get promoted though then Gibson has to at least ask pulis if he wants to stay? Or do you think it was a pre-ordained thing that when TP came in part of his job was to prime Woodgate irrespective of the eventuallities?

I personally think part of Pulis'remit to prepare Woody for management. Promotion is obviously the aim and he is more than capable but I don't see it as being a long term appointment. Heir.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

And this thread is brought to you by ...............tudders. The guy who hates pullis. :)

Great answer.

The guy that doesn't like pulis but openly admits he will have earned another year if he gets us up. Not quite sure of your argument but ok...

Ok sensible answer

Depends on pullises brief. If he’s really here to rejig the club. Is seen to be doing a good job and isn’t finished then he should stay next season. If his brief is just promotion then it depends on the players brought in. If he gets the players he wants and fails he should go. If he doesn’t get what he wants and misses out slightly then he gets another go. If we get promotion of course he can have what he wants

if we get promoted I think Tony will stay one more year then Woody to take over if we don't then I expect Woody to take over next season and he will have a solid squad to start his career with.

Probably a really good shout. I would think we would at least offer TP another year if promoted and you're right, the squad left if we don't go up should be a good starting point for woody, especially if some of the loans become permanents.

Has anyone ever confirmed that TP was initially offered an 18 month contract?

I thought there was some uncertainty about the length of contract he was offered.

Not sure tbh. Just going of what one of the guys mentioned on the transfer thread that this is his last year and he wouldn't be staying after that.

Again the club's policy of transparency being as clear as mud again. I can't find anywhere that really knows the length of his contract.