oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Rochdale (Carabao Cup) 2-1 (Johnson, Hugill) PNE 3rd round tie (A)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is a new arrangement between lower league clubs and the Championship whereby they do not have to go through a loan with a view to buy route but simply instead just borrow up to four players who have ties to the club they are facing for the night!

Rochdale were lucky as they found four at Leeds with Boro ties but they could have simply borrowed any ex Boro player from anywhere who would be up for a game...………...James Husband springs to mind.

They asked Forshaw but he said "for sure I would like to play but I am injured at this time"

------------Lonergan [meh].

Mahmutovic - Wood - Ayala - Johnson

------McNair - Leadbitter - Besic

------Fletcher - Hugill - Tavernier

Or something like that...

Hoping for 532 instead

Glad to see brahami on the bench

could have 4 former boro players starting against us tomorrow

Blackman, Baker, Harrison and Bamford

Didn't realise they played for Rochdale. Confused.

Oops, I meant Friday, but we won't as all 4 are backups to the league team

Or McNair and Johnson as wing backs with 3 CBs, amidfield 3 and Hugill and Fletch up front, that would be my interpretation.

Or McNair and Johnson as wing backs with 3 CBs, amidfield 3 and Hugill and Fletch up front, that would be my interpretation.

I prefer your interpretation to mine.

Good to see Chapman is back and at least on the bench. Hopefully he gets on in the second half.

Interesting that there's no Wing or McGinley tonight considering Wing not playing on Friday and McGinley not in the U23s last night. I wonder if there are loan deals lined up for them.

Also, 3-5-2 probably makes the most sense given it looks like Rochdale are playing the same system, matching up against the opposition again.

It's a pretty strong team to be honest. Wood and Mahmutovic the only U23s, arguably 3 players you'd expect to make our first choice 11 over the course of the season in Ayala, Besic and Hugill, Johnson and Fletcher no doubt keen to put themselves on the market and even Leadbitter would probably walk into their midfield.