oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds United (A) 0-0

He's certainly seeming to pin a lot more of it on Britt, essentially one time saying Roofe would be doing his job better.

It's not just the service though, it's the support. We've not been in their half that often but when we have, we've had nobody up there with him. The one short period we had in their end of the pitch out on the right, and it came back into the centre, Besic, Downing and Clayton all looking up and around and seeing absolutely nothing.

With regards to Downing, I've not seen a great deal from him which makes you wonder just how required he is in there tonight. I really think we could look to sacrifice one of those midfielders for a forward, even if it means pulling Downing infield and taking another one off.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-Besic running in circles when there’s passes on

I noticed one time that happened, and it was when the pass was out wide to Downing when he was running forward and took a shot I think. But we ended up out there anyway and made absolutely nothing of it. I think he's running in circles because there really aren't any passes on. Nobody is going forward.

This commentator hates Britt or what?

He's just seeing the same as the majority of people with 2 eyes.

Then he'll also see the *** service he's getting half the time.

I know it's a tough job up front on your own but it's virtually impossible when you've got the touch of a 10 year old.

In terms of service he's had a free header from 8 yards out that he couldn't hit the target with.

I thought we were talking about the balls being played up to him?  He should have got the chance he had on target certainly.  He has held the ball up ok at times, not every time but then that's not his game.  Half the balls up to him are crap and expecting him to do much with them seems daft to me.  Blame the manager, this is his team and his approach.

I hate TP.

On the basis of this game I don’t really understand this. We’re away to probably the most inform team in the league who’s top scorers in the league and our preparation has been scuppered by Braithwaite this week. We have almost nullified Leeds this half. A point is good and we will get chances to nick a point. We’ve had a few already.

What don't you understand?

I hate the way he sets his teams up.

I hate the players he picks [i loved Downing /until 2009].

I hate the fact he stumbles on winning players and formations [but doesn't stick with them].

I hate the pragmatism of it all.

I know it's a tough job up front on your own but it's virtually impossible when you've got the touch of a 10 year old.

In terms of service he's had a free header from 8 yards out that he couldn't hit the target with.

I thought we were talking about the balls being played up to him?  He should have got the chance he had on target certainly.  He has held the ball up ok at times, not every time but then that's not his game.  Half the balls up to him are crap and expecting them to do much with them seems daft to me.  Blame the manager, this is his team and his approach.

My problem with him is not just his touch but he gets into good positions so often and makes the wrong decision. He also looks half asleep, he's been caught offside twice for not being switched on.

He's simply not suited to a Pulis team, that's been obvious since January. Maybe we should blame Pulis for picking him.

In terms of service he's had a free header from 8 cards out that he couldn't hit the target with.

Britt should 100% get that header on target.

Flint should 100% have been given a peno.

Friend's been the only suspect player so far and Downing's got to do a bit more with the ball him off for Hugill/Braithwaite after 70 if it's still goalless makes sense as a sub but every set piece we look dangerous I think we can edge this.

I hate TP.

On the basis of this game I don’t really understand this. We’re away to probably the most inform team in the league who’s top scorers in the league and our preparation has been scuppered by Braithwaite this week. We have almost nullified Leeds this half. A point is good and we will get chances to nick a point. We’ve had a few already.

I hate the fact he stumbles on winning players and formations [but doesn't stick with them].

We have 13 points out of 15. We just played a blinder of a half against Leeds away from home. I wasn't a big Pulis fan but none of these points are valid at the moment, you can't take some results from last season into consideration cause it wasn't really his season/squad.

Friend's been the only suspect player so far and Downing's got to do a bit more with the ball him off for Hugill/Braithwaite after 70 if it's still goalless makes sense as a sub but every set piece we look dangerous I think we can edge this.

I think we've looked dangerous through virtue of who's in the box. The delivery hasn't been consistently good so far.

I hate TP.

Boiling over, are we, Teapot?

My problem with him is not just his touch but he gets into good positions so often and makes the wrong decision. He also looks half asleep, he's been caught offside twice for not being switched on.

He's simply not suited to a Pulis team, that's been obvious since January. Maybe we should blame Pulis for picking him.

I agree with that he makes some woeful decisions at times.  I'm just talking about some of the balls played up to him.

I hate TP.

We have 13 points out of 15. We just played a blinder of a half against Leeds away from home. I wasn't a big Pulis fan but none of these points are valid at the moment, you can't take some results from last season into consideration cause it wasn't really his season/squad.

I'd argue this really isn't his squad yet either, he's not got the players he wants, he's openly admitted that. I don't think that excuse goes down very well beyond this window though. We've had plenty of time to give him what he wants and if he hasn't got it, I'm certainly expecting some of that to be down to him.

I hate TP.

There are two schools; one that thinks we are doing well, and the other, which I am in, which believes we are in a false position, and will fall out of the top six before Christmas.

I hate TP.

How can you pragmatically stumble onto winning teams?

I agree with that he makes some woeful decisions at times.  I'm just talking about some of the balls played up to him.

Yeah he's had very little in terms of quality balls played into him.