oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds United (A) 0-0

Who do you think the team to beat this season are?

I'm not sure mate, it's early days yet.  I would put us as one of them probably along with West Brom.  Maybe Swansea if/once they settle down.  I don't expect Stoke to be up there as I think they've got some problems in the squad.  Leeds have obviously started well as have Derby and Sheff Utd seem to have got their act together as they were awful when we met them earlier this season, nothing like they were last year.  I expected a bit more from Forest but they seem to be unable to win games for whatever reason, if that changes then they could be in a***st it.  Brentford are always tidy and play better football than most, maybe this season they'll be able to do it over the course of the season.  At this stage though I think you can take your pick but I'd expect us to be one of them certainly.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen Leeds this season already, I just wondered if there was some other reason to mark them out as the team to beat. If it's just tactics then fair enough.

Maybe people have just seen them play and thought they look like the best team so far

I've seen Leeds this season already, I just wondered if there was some other reason to mark them out as the team to beat.  If it's just tactics then fair enough.

Maybe people have just seen them play and thought they look like the best team so far

Hence me asking people.  That's usually the purpose of a question, to get an answer in reply.

I've seen Leeds this season already, I just wondered if there was some other reason to mark them out as the team to beat.  If it's just tactics then fair enough.

Hence me asking people.  That's usually the purpose of a question, to get an answer in reply.

hence me answering it that’s the purpose of an answer to reply to a question :)

hence me answering it  that’s the purpose of an answer  to reply to a question  :)

You have no idea why other people think the way they do though.  What do you think?

We’ve started this season well. Looking at our fixtures i think we’ve had a pretty tough run of fixtures and we’ve come out with flying colours. West Brom and Leeds were going to be the acid test and we’ve come out with 4 points.

Genuinely think that anyone that finishes above Leeds and West Brom will go up automatically and we’ve more than held our own against both.

I actually hadn't seen Leeds before last night. Not apart from a few highlights anyway. But I'd seen their results and knew they were absolutely brimming with confidence. Which is my main reason for being happy with a point before last night. As I said, I think that playing Braithwaite might have made the difference, and I think Pulis maybe played it a bit too safe having watched what Leeds had to offer, but Elland Road is somewhere we tend to struggle, so I'll take the point.

We’ve started this season well. Looking at our fixtures i think we’ve had a pretty tough run of fixtures and we’ve come out with flying colours. West Brom and Leeds were going to be the acid test and we’ve come out with 4 points.

Genuinely think that anyone that finishes above Leeds and West Brom will go up automatically and we’ve more than held our own against both.

Sheff Utd sitting 3rd too and we thumped them.

hence me answering it  that’s the purpose of an answer  to reply to a question  :)

You have no idea why other people think the way they do though.  What do you think?

I think people have seen them play and just think they look the best team so far

I don't think Leeds looked like a top 2 team to be honest, I expect them to be around the playoff spots if they can maintain the intensity levels that Bielsa demands. It wouldn't surprise me to see them fall away either though.

I think West Brom will be there or thereabouts and if they can sort themselves out Stoke and Villa won't be far off. It wouldn't surprise me to see those two teams with new managers before long though.

We've just got to keep doing what we're doing and maintain the consistency. Hopefully if a few of those teams have a bit of turmoil we might be able to capitalise.

Without any sense of rivalry, or begrudgery, I feel Leeds may well be done by December. Biesla's methods are well known, and while it is very impressive that he has got them up and running so quickly, his teams tend to burn out when the demands of the 12 hour training sessions become too much. When the going gets tough, he tends to crack under that pressure also. A 46 game season is huge for methods like the ones he is using. Biesla has inspired most of the worlds top coaches to one extent or another, but they all took his methods and tweaked them to make them more sustainable.