oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds United (A) 0-0

I hate TP.

On the basis of this game I don’t really understand this. We’re away to probably the most inform team in the league who’s top scorers in the league and our preparation has been scuppered by Braithwaite this week. We have almost nullified Leeds this half. A point is good and we will get chances to nick a point. We’ve had a few already.

What don't you understand?

I hate the way he sets his teams up.

I hate the players he picks [i loved Downing /until 2009].

I hate the fact he stumbles on winning players and formations [but doesn't stick with them].

I hate the pragmatism of it all.

Did you hate Karanka?

Not enough data - his first job - but yes, I hated the way we played.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate TP.

On the basis of this game I don’t really understand this. We’re away to probably the most inform team in the league who’s top scorers in the league and our preparation has been scuppered by Braithwaite this week. We have almost nullified Leeds this half. A point is good and we will get chances to nick a point. We’ve had a few already.

I hate the fact he stumbles on winning players and formations [but doesn't stick with them].

We have 13 points out of 15. We just played a blinder of a half against Leeds away from home. I wasn't a big Pulis fan but none of these points are valid at the moment, you can't take some results from last season into consideration cause it wasn't really his season/squad.

There are two schools; one that thinks we are doing well, and the other, which I am in, which believes we are in a false position, and will fall out of the top six before Christmas.

Haters gonna hate :(

So stupid from Besic... why put yourself on a tightrope for the rest of the game

Will force Tony’s hand that. It will be Besic getting subbed off for maybe McNair/Hugill instead of Downing

Both sides determined to give each other a plenty but the ref is not having it which is a bit bizarre. Hugil on for britt Pulis start biting back at these defenders if referee wont protect.

I hate TP.

How can you pragmatically stumble onto winning teams?

I don't think you know what pragmatic means.

Pragmatist - someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal.

• Latest Posts

• Love this from the cameraman, UTB.
    • Interesting... I did hear the Jordan comments but don't fully understand the technicalities of the whole Derby becoming debt-free and returning stronger thing. Was news to me that the £45m thing was *** (I guess Simon may have heard that from Steve himself...?) I just hope it doesn't dissolve into "Boro are trying to kill Derby" and we get piled on... which is the narrative they're clearly desperate to create. We all know what football fans and pundits are like and most people won't read or understand the details. I'm a Boro fan and I still admit to not fully getting some of it. 
    • Check out the love between Crooks & Payero. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
    • The club themselves probably won't come out and make any public statements about the ongoing thing because it gives their side something to argue with. When the Derby fans picked up on the FMTTM post, immediately it was sent to the administrators so they were aware of it. They want the narrative to change and as much as I'd hate to see Derby go out of business, they are playing dirty from a very risky position. The fans are desperate, they're still messaging our fan groups for us to do something about it. I think they're being left in the dark about the entire situation by both sides though. Right now, going by what Simon Jordan said the other day, us and Wycombe are waiting for an offer from the Derby end to try and settle the problem. Also, listening to him speak about it made it sound like the administrators are just trying to do their best to make the club a good asset to sell. The whole thing about them using the government's COVID scheme to push back their debts then putting the club into administration to write them off was seemingly just as dirty a tactic as Morris has been getting up to all along to essentially give the club a way of coming back significantly stronger with any half-decent investor. Walking into a debt-free football club sounds like Christmas day which is exactly why Mr. Ashley is sniffing around and is even willing to make a deal with us to get it done. Gibson looks like he's trying to make sure it's not as easy as that and if they want to do it, they'll have to give us something and quick.