oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds United (A) 0-0

Well we earned a point, we really did defend exceptionally well. It's a shame we didn't come close to earning more than that but hey, what a great result. Leeds have scored 2.8 goals per game in the league, not scored less than 2 in a game so far this season and we held them to a clean sheet at Elland Road.

As for the match threads, we go away for an international break and come back for Norwich away on the 15th September. For me though?

giphy.gif

:crying: :crying: :crying:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good point, fair result and really physical game. Pulis diddnt want to change that squad which i can understand he thought that was the best way of not losing but if you wanted to win it, you had to realistically change it.

I personally thought Shotton had a fantastic defensive game today, didnt put a foot wrong. We are so solid! It isnt the most pretty football that we play, but lets be honest, we dont need pretty in this league. Feel we can nick a goal at any point. Happy with a point there, all the lads worked their socks off.

Decent result, *** awful football.

It’s a bit late to go fishing mate

Not fishing, the football was ***ing awful.  I get it that there are those that don't care and some who are just used to it post Karanka but that was awful football tonight.  We worked our nuts off, we had a good shape and we defended well but all of that is stuff without the ball.  The actual football we played, for the most part, was garbage.  But we were playing the mighty Leeds of course, a side packed full of international talent and top quality players  :upside_down:

I must’ve been watching a different game, thought we played pretty well and matched them stride for stride for the majority.

I think on one side of things, and on the side we clearly put an emphasis on, yeah, we played exceptionally well. That was just as good as any ground out point we got under Karanka, it really was. I can't remember any significant clear cut chances for them.

On the other side of it, I think our strengths in their box weren't shown enough. I thought we got quite a lot of set-pieces in their half throughout the game and came away with relatively few good chances. I said it earlier in the thread, some of that comes down to them but in my opinion, a lot of that came down to just poor delivery from us. It's frustrating because with better delivery consistently, I think we could have snatched the 3 points.

But hey, a point is not to be sniffed at.

Didn't think we parked the bus, played to nullify their press a d we should have had a penalty.

two penalties. Cooper tried to decapitate Flint, and then wrestled Britt in the second half.

Not fishing, the football was *** awful.  I get it that there are those that don't care and some who are just used to it post Karanka but that was awful football tonight.  We worked our nuts off, we had a good shape and we defended well but all of that is stuff without the ball.  The actual football we played, for the most part, was garbage.  But we were playing the mighty Leeds of course, a side packed full of international talent and top quality players  :upside_down:

Don't know what is worst .. Upside down smileys or one word sentences .. No offends

Didn't think we parked the bus, played to nullify their press a d we should have had a penalty.

two penalties. Cooper tried to decapitate Flint, and then wrestled Britt in the second half.

Good point, one goal was always going to be the only difference.

Not fishing, the football was *** awful.  I get it that there are those that don't care and some who are just used to it post Karanka but that was awful football tonight.  We worked our nuts off, we had a good shape and we defended well but all of that is stuff without the ball.  The actual football we played, for the most part, was garbage.  But we were playing the mighty Leeds of course, a side packed full of international talent and top quality players  :upside_down:

I didn't think it was fishing, spot on to be honest. As you say, I don't really care if it gets us results and keeps us picking up the points. But there's no denying that when we had the ball, we weren't very good.

Is it written into your terms of service upon signing up that you have to be condescending and sarcastic in every single post you ever make? :upside_down:

Do we have a side packed full of international talent and top quality players? Why give Leeds what they want and let them take us apart. It's a good result, and if anything we had more clear cut chances to win it.

Don't know what is worst .. Upside down smileys or one word sentences .. No offends

:upside_down: :upside_down: :upside_down: :upside_down: :upside_down: :upside_down: :upside_down: :upside_down: :upside_down: 

Ok.