oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds United (A) 0-0

We play very contrasting styles - maybe your prefer Leeds, and that's fine. I probably would too if pressed. Our players wouldn't necessarily get in their side, and theirs wouldn't necessarily get in ours. Harrison to be fair is a bad example as he is standing in for Hernandez, arguably their best player this season.

The proof will be in the pudding at the end of the season when we see which, if either, of these sides get promoted.

It's not a case of preferring Leeds style over ours, I really couldn't care less what their style is as it's irrelevant to me.  I'm a Boro fan and a football fan and right now if I wasn't the former I wouldn't watch us if you paid me.  If we were watching someone else tonight I just wonder how many people would hold the same opinion?  I've read plenty on here about other teams that makes me think people would think very differently.  If you don't that's fine but after watching the game tonight my opinion on the game is that the football we played was crap.  Without the ball very good, with the ball not so much.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We play very contrasting styles - maybe your prefer Leeds, and that's fine. I probably would too if pressed. Our players wouldn't necessarily get in their side, and theirs wouldn't necessarily get in ours. Harrison to be fair is a bad example as he is standing in for Hernandez, arguably their best player this season.

The proof will be in the pudding at the end of the season when we see which, if either, of these sides get promoted.

It's not a case of preferring Leeds style over ours, I really couldn't care less what their style is as it's irrelevant to me.  I'm a Boro fan and a football fan and right now if I wasn't the former I wouldn't watch us if you paid me.  If we were watching someone else tonight I just wonder how many people would hold the same opinion?  I've read plenty on here about other teams that makes me think people would think very differently.  If you don't that's fine but after watching the game tonight my opinion on the game is that the football we played was crap.  Without the ball very good, with the ball not so much.

We could be a hell of a lot better on the ball, fully agree with that. As does TP from his post match comments. Still think it's a good point though :)

Nope, definitely doesn't read like you just blew off everyone who thinks differently to you as being dulled to awful football or not caring etc etc.

So if you didn't suggest it, you may want to think about how you phrase stuff in future. :)

Because some people don't care about the style of football and are only concerned with the result, which I was saying I understand.  That's not blowing people off, that's understanding why they'd be less bothered than I was about the actual football we played.

Talk about clutching at straws, Jesus mate.

I must’ve been watching a different game, thought we played pretty well and matched them stride for stride for the majority.

Agree, thought we did very well. Not many sides will limit them to basically 0 chances this year.

I watched the same game as you two. I thought we played well.

We could be a hell of a  lot better on the ball, fully agree with that. As does TP from his post match comments. Still think it's a good point though :)

It is a good point.  The first thing I said was decent result but unfortunately that bit get's ignored.  What did TP say?

We did well and it’s a good result but we look like we have no major attacking threat other than from free kicks etc.

I must say though that Leeds put their smaller players against our set peices and dived and won ‘fouls’.... maybe the players should get into the ref next time

I think this is completely fair. If we had been Burnley tonight and I had watched that, I’d be on here giving Burnley abuse for their awful style of football.

I would love to see us play quick, attacking, attractive football. I really would. But by now, I’ve accepted that it ain’t going to happen under Pulis. So, failing that, I just want us to be organised, hard to beat and to show a bit of pride in the shirt. And under those conditions, we were brilliant tonight.

I hate Burnley and hate their style of football. But I’d absolutely love Boro to be in their position right now.

We could be a hell of a  lot better on the ball, fully agree with that. As does TP from his post match comments. Still think it's a good point though :)

It is a good point.  The first thing I said was decent result but unfortunately that bit get's ignored.  What did TP say?

He said we have good players who could have been a lot better in possession - something to that effect anyway!

I still think we actually played some decent football tonight, especially the midfield three. The final ball was lacking for sure, but they drove through the middle multiple times, got us up the pitch quickly and effectively.

Pretty predictable reaction on here, it's hard to disagree with either side or the argument I suppose. It just depends on how much importance you place on style of play.

I'm happy to see us do that away from home as long as we're more positive at home.

On the positive side I think we look excellent defensively and we're gonna be a very tough team to break down this season. The question is whether we'll win enough games to finish in the top two. That might depend on the strength of the division as much as how positive we are/ aren't.

He said we have good players who could have been a lot better in possession - something to that effect anyway!

He'll have just been fishing the swine  :whistle:

I think this is completely fair. If we had been Burnley tonight and I had watched that, I’d be on here giving Burnley abuse for their awful style of football.

I would love to see us play quick, attacking, attractive football. I really would. But by now, I’ve accepted that it ain’t going to happen under Pulis. So, failing that, I just want us to be organised, hard to beat and to show a bit of pride in the shirt. And under those conditions, we were brilliant tonight.

I hate Burnley and hate their style of football. But I’d absolutely love Boro to be in their position right now.

Agree with that, good post.

I still think we actually played some decent football tonight, especially the midfield three. The final ball was lacking for sure, but they drove through the middle multiple times, got us up the pitch quickly and effectively.

Agree with this. I thought the 3 in the middle were decent on the ball. I think our wing backs is where our football often breaks down. Also, as good as Ayala and Flint are defensively, they look very uncomfortable with the ball at their feet, so often go long rather than pass the ball into midfield like Fry often does.

We we’re pretty rubbish without the ball. Besic kept running around with the ball and not passing to anyone even if it was a *** easy pass. Britt couldn’t trap a ball 9/10 times. Friend had a shocker. Downing was only reallyinvolved when it came to set pieces. Even our set pieces were rubbish tonight.

Yes we could have had 2 penalties but other than Howsons lovely run in the first half and Shottons back post header we never really created anything that wasn’t a set piece. Most of the time there was only Britt in the box, were as every other game this season we’ve managed to get 3/4 players in there when we have the ball.

However, off the ball we did really well, and I don’t think Leeds troubled Randolph, our defence or our midfield.

Would have took a point before the game :D