oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds United (A) 0-0

I said before the game I would be happy with a draw and I am with what we witnessed.

However if anyone was going to nick the game then it was Boro.

Ref let too many blatant fouls go unpunished in the box and I feel that if he had done then he would have had to give many more.

Could have been sending offs in the game.

We set up not to lose and it was a magnificent defensive performance, hopefully our attacking performances will start to improve.

We are picking up points this season where we got none last season and this is a good sign,

@wilson though your run is over be proud of the fact it was only a draw that stopped you from going for the record.

@Tom may your run be as long as the one just finished

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a bad game from us in terms of playing the beautiful game, but we have played some slick stuff this season in other games.

This was a high pressure away match against the league leaders so I think the team deserves some Slack... It's not like we have had to watch us play like that in every fixture. We got a very good result tonight and that's what matters to me though.

The sides cancelled each other out, we denied them space and time and they held on as if their lives depended on it. We'll play worse and win but predicted a draw so enjoy the next two weeks as joint leaders of the championship :D

I cant say i was expecting a fluid football game today, not at all. Away to Leeds is always hostile, and Pulis has been in the game too long to have us go out there, trying to be fancy and messing it up. As it was highlighted, the team with the best attack so far this season, was meeting the team with the best defence so far. And we have some massive blokes that can bang a header in at anytime. So of course, we played to our strengths, completly nullified Leeds game plan, and easily could have nicked the game 1-0. If we had gone out trying to open them up and took too many risks and lost 2-0, then the majority would be going mad saying why didnt we play to our strenghts. I for one love this about Pulis, he respects his opposition just enough. Its a fine balance, that i think only comes with experienced managers. You give too much respect, you get hammered, you dont give respect, you more often than not get beat, you give them a bit, accept they have some qualities, nullify them, you get important points that will be the deciding factors come the end of the season. No, Leeds are not Man City, but that is completly irrelevent. What they are are the team with the best start to the season so far. And i for one am thankful Tony respected that, and went out with the almost perfect game plan, once again.

Cracking game, cracking point, and the lads will have so much belief after this start!

We were effective off the ball think we missed the Braithwaite pairing with Britt we were asking way too much of Britt he didn't have anything to play off if he trapped the balls up to him he'd go back to a mid who was instantly pressured and Leeds tracked our wingbacks well got to give them credit for that. Think we could have done a sub or two in the last 15 minutes would love to see what McQueen could do flying down that left side his extra youth and energy over Friend would probably let a Braithwaite tuck well inside where he's more dangerous around the box.

2 tough away games at Millwall and Leeds out of the way horrible places to go we got 2 points to show for it but I think we'll only get better from here as we bed players in I thought on set pieces our best ones seemed to be put in by Mo I thought Downing had a bad game on the ball today but the other 3 mids were absolute monsters Howson/Shotton were untouchable. Roll on Norwich away hopefully we get Braithwaite back in the team for that one and he wraps his head around staying with us.

I'm afraid I'm actually going to be on holiday for the next 3 matches, so I might have to forfeit my go for now. As much as I'd love to beat my current immense run of... 2.

I must’ve been watching a different game, thought we played pretty well and matched them stride for stride for the majority.

Agree, thought we did very well. Not many sides will limit them to basically 0 chances this year.

I watched the same game as you two. I thought we played well.

Sort of confirms your extreme bias against karanka. That was as karanka a performance we have seen since he left and his football was terrible whereas this football is Good?

Unbelievable how people can say "yes we should have had 2 penalties and yes Leeds should have a red card" and follow it up with BUT as if they're minor events in a game of football.

There's no buts about it, the correct decisions are made and we would be sitting pretty at the top of the league.

PST, spoiler alert, we won't be playing title challengers away ever week. Shhhhhh, keep that on the DL.

And don't get me effing started on the mysterious case of Shottons scrunchie. could of cost us the game if he got hair in his eye.

What a great start to the season, wiping away the memory of last years with Monk in charge. Unrecognisable, now solid and we dont look like getting beat. We are already 5 points better off than corresponding fixtures last year with a top class manager getting the best out of the talent he has. I haven’t enjoyed watching us so much in years.

• Like 1

I'm afraid I'm actually going to be on holiday for the next 3 matches, so I might have to forfeit my go for now. As much as I'd love to beat my current immense run of... 2.

That may mean it's time to pass the baton to SmogDane to do his rumoured 10+ match thread run. I'm sure I've seen it written somewhere...

And don't get me effing started on the mysterious case of Shottons scrunchie. could of cost us the game if he got hair in his eye.

I'd just love to know how he got it back so often. Like surely he didn't find it on the Elland Road turf, he must have been pulling them out of his...

tenor.gif

That may mean it's time to pass the baton to SmogDane to do his rumoured 10+ match thread run. I'm sure I've seen it written somewhere...

Foogle and Unger before me, Liam ;)