• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure they are my favourite moments against Leeds because simply beating them is where the best moments are but there was a game in the Premier League at the Riverside where Ince barged his way through a few players and then kind of scuffed a shot which hit a bobble and went of Nigel Martyn's shoulder to give us an equaliser.  That was funny.  It may have been the same game actually, right at the end we were trailing 2-1 and we won a corner, the ball boy ran to the ball and then ran to put it in the corner arc but just before he put it down he kissed the ball.  Carbone swung it in and Windass powered in a header.  Might have been different games but in my mind it was the same game.  Daft little moments you remember!

Looks like they were both in the same game!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1806873.stm

Take that Dementia!  :fist:

I’d happily take a draw as it stands. Leeds for me have looked the best team in the league, and in front of a passionate home following under the lights it’s going to be tough for us. Take a draw and come home. IF we somehow can come back with a victory it’ll put down a massive marker that we’re the team to beat going forward.

Leeds are plying some really good attacking football. Even when they looked below par against Swansea they still fought back from being behind twice. I would happily take a draw now. But I'd possibly explode in my pants if we beat them. Not because it would mean we would be the team to beat or anything, just more to the fact it seems 99% of their fan base seem to be absolute bell ends. Now I know we have our own set of 'special' supporters (just need to tune in to BORO FAN TV to see that) but theirs are especially vocal :@

I think a draw is definitely acceptable, similar to the West brom game, I think Leeds really are going to be up there this year despite their usual drop down the table, the signings they've brought in have been very solid, a draw would be nice but obviously a win will be what we're all hoping for.

If we are solid and not easily shaken by their constant pressure then we can do them some harm. I think it was clear against Swansea that sometimes their own play is a little too fast for themselves and they lose the ball and their shape. Don’t be rattled and be quick on the break. If they have Berardi at the back I think we will get a goal or two.

It's interesting that they seem to have rarely changed their team this season. There was the point made that they would be getting knackered quite quickly playing for this manager. Early days yet of course but if Bielsa can't find value in those in reserve, he's going to potentially have some troubles. Just like ourselves, of course.

Leeds are plying some really good attacking football. Even when they looked below par against Swansea they still fought back from being behind twice. I would happily take a draw now. But I'd possibly explode in my pants if we beat them. Not because it would mean we would be the team to beat or anything, just more to the fact it seems 99% of their fan base seem to be absolute bell ends. Now I know we have our own set of 'special' supporters (just need to tune in to BORO FAN TV to see that) but theirs are especially vocal :@

Bedcum!

Nah. Played the full game yesterday, didn't seem to trouble them much other than a long-range shot. I'd be surprised if any of the old boys started against us on Friday as they all did the full 90 last night and the lads playing in the league are now the ones keeping their early-season reputation intact.

Do any of their backline or even any of their team exceed six foot? Let's just hope we get a lot of corners, free kicks and throw ins, then we'll show them the real beautiful game.

Do any of their backline or even any of their team exceed six foot? Let's just hope we get a lot of corners, free kicks and throw ins, then we'll show them the real beautiful game.

Jansson, Ayling and Klich look like the only outfield players who are 6ft+. There is very little height a***st the forward line or full backs. Then Roofe/Phillips are both decent in the air from what I've seen, they have a good leap. We will absolutely tower over them from set pieces with our backline.

It's the type of game you feel where Flint could really be "the man".

Like BD said we have to whether the storm of Leeds pressure, however I know the tempest that Leeds blow lasts a lot longer than others (referring to fitness mentioned).

It has been mentioned about Leeds falling apart but one season they just could get it right and well there does seem something about them so far this season that makes them look and play better than Wolves did, so I think they are going to maintain form throughout with a few slips along the way.

We could be one of the banana skins if we either completely nullify them or take any chance we get so yes free kicks and aerial advantage simply has to count

I think we will see Pulis go with strength through the team here. And bottle.

Randolph

Shotton

Ayala

Flint

Fry

Friend

Besic

Howson

Clayton

Hugill

Asombalonga

It’s about standing up to them and catching them on the break. We need to win corners etc. Simple but effective.

As I work I Leeds I’m so looking forward to this. Couple of pints after work, bus go ground, great Boro win and then hide my smile on bus back to station.