oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds United (A) 0-0

I must’ve been watching a different game, thought we played pretty well and matched them stride for stride for the majority.

Agree, thought we did very well. Not many sides will limit them to basically 0 chances this year.

I watched the same game as you two. I thought we played well.

Sort of confirms your extreme bias against karanka. That was as karanka a performance we have seen since he left and his football was terrible whereas this football is Good?

Zzzz. I didn't mention Karanka, and I don't want to get drawn in to a Karanka debate. However, yes, the football that Karanka served up was so dire towards the end, that Pulis has a LONG way to go before his gets as bad.

(And we've probably come back from behind more times this season (league & cup) than we did in Karanka's entire tenure)!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Insults aside we achieved our goal yesterday and did not get beaten, we could have nicked it and probably should have and maybe the fortitudes and ability of some of our higher up the pitch players are certainly debatable.

I am certain there are better ways to disagree with posts!

We shall see moving ahead the amount of goals we score in any game because we will beat teams by 2 or 3 goal margins

I must’ve been watching a different game, thought we played pretty well and matched them stride for stride for the majority.

Agree, thought we did very well. Not many sides will limit them to basically 0 chances this year.

Sort of confirms your extreme bias against karanka. That was as karanka a performance we have seen since he left and his football was terrible whereas this football is Good?

Zzzz. I didn't mention Karanka, and I don't want to get drawn in to a Karanka debate. However, yes, the football that Karanka served up was so dire towards the end, that Pulis has a LONG way to go before his gets as bad.

(And we've probably come back from behind more times this season (league & cup) than we did in Karanka's entire tenure)!

While the football under karanka was negative we would always look dangerous even away from home and make chances from open play. With Pulis we’re not going to do that in games like this and are only relying on the opposition switching off at a set play

You are correct James when you mentioned games like this (obviously referring to last night)

We spent the whole match as a team nullifying Leeds United, they dropped points at home for the first time and we stopped them from scoring for the first time.

Going to say this but more and more Pulis is showing he knows what he is doing and I honestly feel that we will score from open play depending on the opposition.

Have a feeling the Norwich away game may very well be similar to last night but they will allow us more freedom as their intensity will not be the same as Leeds, who do look a very good side.

It is no longer all about Leeds United in this division because others not associated with MFC are taking notice of us and publicly beginning to give praise where it is due.

We ain't a bad team!

While the football under karanka was negative we would always look dangerous even away from home and make chances from open play. With Pulis we’re not going to do that in games like this and are only relying on the opposition switching off at a set play

Yes its a shame he has not got the players he wanted to give us that cutting edge. I am not going to disrespect Karanka as he was good for the club for a couple of years but the club had more flair players available for Karanka than Pulis has and I think Pulis football is better.

But we did have chances mate. Howson when he dribbled through. Downing from the edge of the box (albeit a poor shot in the end). Britt (wrongly) took a shot, when he could have played it through to Downing - all open play.

The set plays thing is interesting too. A couple of our free kicks were drawn when we were in good attacking positions. Maybe if the foul doesn't come in, we create another 'open play opportunity'?

But also... if we can draw fouls in dangerous positions, and then score from the resulting set piece, can't that have an element of excitement?

(Like when we get a free kick on the edge of the box.... I'm not sitting there thinking "Yawn... another free kick in a dangerous position", I'm thinking "Great... another free kick in a dangerous poison; COME ON Danny/Flinty we can score here" - and it's exciting)!

Yeah that’s just not true at all. We look just as dangerous under pulis as we did under Karanka. We even go forward with more purpose under Pulis. If you are going to use last night as an example I’m just going to throw up that game at the Hawthornes where Karanka set out not to go over the halfway line.

Decent result at Leeds, we got the point we set out to get.

Think we got the clean sheet we set out for, don't think we set out for a point

Believe TP indicated the same thought EP

We went to Leeds with a plan to ensure we came away with a result. We did that and Leeds fans need to shut up and get over themselves. It is on to Norwich where no doubt Tony will have another plan. That is the way it will go all season. Leeds fans need not think their team is so special that it was only their team we formulate a plan for. They aren't as good as they think!

We had more chances on target than leed did

I’d love to know how many shots on target we had during Karanka s last 5 games

5 defenders, 2 DM's 1 striker and your most forward thinking midfielder Downing, and Leeds with 62% possession, we set for a point and got it IMO, like I said a decent result.

Believe TP indicated the same thought EP

We went to Leeds with a plan to ensure we came away with a result. We did that and Leeds fans need to shut up and get over themselves. It is on to Norwich where no doubt Tony will have another plan. That is the way it will go all season. Leeds fans need not think their team is so special that it was only their team we formulate a plan for. They aren't as good as they think!

I'm still confident the wheels will come off by Christmas for Leeds.

5 defenders, 2 DM's 1 striker and your most forward thinking midfielder Downing, and Leeds with 62% possession, we set for a point and got it IMO, like I said a decent result.

We set up not to concede, we put a great deal of emphasis on that but we still had opportunities to win it. I don't think that's by accident. Just because we looked to create close to nothing from open play doesn't mean we went to get a point. I don't think by any means it would have been a fluke to win that game in the end, I think better deliveries into the box consistently could have won it for us. That and a decent referee.

We can see it different ways of course, one thing we all seem to agree on is that it was a good result which I think is fair. I certainly would have taken a point before-hand, personally.