oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds United (A) 0-0

I've seen Leeds this season already, I just wondered if there was some other reason to mark them out as the team to beat.  If it's just tactics then fair enough.

...and probably because they've started strong. They may well fade, but perhaps they have a new manager who has galvanised them.

Who do you think the team to beat this season are?

On the transfer thread some people have said that they don't expect us to finish top half... or they expect us to drop out of the play-off places by Christmas (possibly because they don't like Tony Pulis, more than real logic). Obviously those things COULD happen, but I don't know which teams/squads those people are seeing at other clubs, that makes them think that we can't compete.

I think we're in good shape.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WBA are the team to beat for me, they've got everything they need. Could maybe do with a bit more in central midfield as Barry/Morrison/Livermore and Brunt are all getting on and not particularly mobile. The defence, wide players and forwards are all strong.

WBA are the team to beat for me, they've got everything they need. Could maybe do with a bit more in central midfield as Barry/Morrison/Livermore and Brunt are all getting on and not particularly mobile. The defence, wide players and forwards are all strong.

And we already beat them so fantastic! :D

And we already beat them so fantastic! :D

I know its very early doors but you can sort of see the patterns in the league starting, we've played the other 3 of the current top 4 and got 7 points. I don't imagine Sheff UTD will finish so high but I do think they'll be top half, as will Millwall IMO. Puts our very strong start into context. I always think goal difference is a good indication of a teams strength. Bolton were up in 3rd for example with 0 GD, bit of a false position.

Despite not having the greatest of starts I still think Villa will come good and be up there along with West Brom fighting for the automatics, Stoke should be, but Rowett hasn't started well, could have a Garry Monk scenario if he doesn't get it sorted, not sure about Leeds could be the same as last year.

Despite not having the greatest of starts I still think Villa will come good and be up there along with West Brom fighting for the automatics, Stoke should be, but Rowett hasn't started well, could have a Garry Monk scenario if he doesn't get it sorted, not sure about Leeds could be the same as last year.

Not sure about Villa mate. They may have some excellent players going forward (although I don't think Ibraham is really a upgrade on Kodjia) but defensively they are shocking. Like someone above said, jedinak is their starting cb and has been woeful apparently, moving him also leaves a gap in defensive mid.

Despite not having the greatest of starts I still think Villa will come good and be up there along with West Brom fighting for the automatics, Stoke should be, but Rowett hasn't started well, could have a  Garry Monk scenario if he doesn't get it sorted, not sure about Leeds could be the same as last year.

Not sure about Villa mate. They may have some excellent players going forward (although I don't think Ibraham is really a upgrade on Kodjia) but defensively they are shocking. Like someone above said, jedinak is their starting cb and has been woeful apparently, moving him also leaves a gap in defensive mid.

Long way to go so we'll see, not sure how long the new Villa hierarchy will give Bruce to be honest, surprised he kept his job.

There's a long way to go yet. Even losing today means Villa are 3 points better off than they were at this stage last season. Leeds are on the same points tally as they were last season too.

And they're 4-0 down now haha