oneBoro Forum

Vacation in the Boro area.

So how's your holiday Smog Dane? we are waiting for the next update? enjoy the road trip

Thanx

We are enjoying The Town centre today. The transporter was closed due to heavy Wind.

I love it here.

Tomorrow Whitby followed by dinner at the Six Medals before The game!

If you're having Fish & Chips in Whitby (and why wouldn't you be?) go to Mister Chips over the bridge and eat in. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. A lot of people would recommend The Magpie or Trenches because they've won awards, but I always to go Mister Chips and have never had a bad meal :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I don't think I've ever been to the Magpie, we always walk straight past it. From what I heard, it's nowhere near as good as the queues often suggest.

Never been myself, prices are ridiculous when you can get great fish and chips anywhere in Whitby.

Would recommend Riverside Fisheries (on the Abbey side of the harbour) but it's a long walk from the centre of Whitby

I don't think I've ever been to the Magpie, we always walk straight past it. From what I heard, it's nowhere near as good as the queues often suggest.

Never been myself, prices are ridiculous when you can get great fish and chips anywhere in Whitby.

Would recommend Riverside Fisheries (on the Abbey side of the harbour) but it's a long walk from the centre of Whitby

Went 2 summers ago to the magpie after finally giving in to the hype. Was good but massively overpriced when there are decent fish and chips all over whitby

You do seem to like the 6 Medals hopefully you will not tire of the place.

If you are going to Whitby I do urge you to consider going by train from Middlesbrough stopping off at Grosemont and then going by heritage steam engine to Pickering on the North Yorks Moors Railway, fabulous scenery all the way. Then if time allows going onto Whitby for your fish and chips, taking in Dracula territory buying your girlfriend some of the famous black jet jewelry and then getting back to Boro in time for your evening meal and the game.

What a delightful day that is and I hope you get a sunny day

Hope you bring the boys luck tonight, SmogDane. I'm still in Italy until Friday, then have long standing plans on Saturday, so won't be able to attend either match. But enjoy the Riverside and I hope there are 6 points in the bag by the end of your trip!

Spoke to Will he maybe joining us so could be a semi decent forum member turn out, now if only we could convince CT ha ha!

Isn't it enough that I have to watch the ***e football we play without having to meet up with you lot beforehand as well :crying:

Whitby was really Nice! We forgot to say sorry, for burning down The monestary 1200 years ago.

Mr chips gets five cods out of six, would have been six outa six, if one of The staff members didnt pick his nose in full View. The Food was Good though.

CT, be there of be Square (in a round hole)