oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich (A) 0-1

Preseason in the Rockliffe Laboratory...

"Igor, my life's work is on the eve of completion. We have taken body parts from the greatest footballers ever to play the game: Peter Crouch's Shinbones, Craig Dawson's torso, Jason Puncheon's left Foot, Ryan Shawcross' Brain and Glenn Whelan's handsome Face stretched over Robert Huth's head."

"All that remains is the spark of life. Flip the switch Igor!..."

450x350https://i.imgur.com/dxxJi8G.jpg[/img]

"Look Igor, it's moving!... It's alive... "

350x350https://i.imgur.com/qs0zfSf.jpg[/img]

"It's Aliiiiiive!"

Norwich

After a long international break our next opponents are Norwich, their last game out was a credible 1-1 draw at local rivals Ipswich. But they have not started the season as many of their fans will have hoped currently sitting 17th in the Championship, they have scored 9 goals - the same total as Boro - but Norwich's issue has been keeping them out the other end, expect a more exciting game than the two drab 1-0 losses of last years corresponding home and away fixtures.

Norwich is a place known for its boring flat and straight roads... so Delia Smith has decided to spice things up this season with a Rhodes of her own...

350x350https://i.imgur.com/jpJWvj6.jpg[/img]

Tasty...

Foogle's First Goal Scorer Fortune

Predict the first goal scorer in your post and if you guess correctly I will donate £20 to a charity of your choice. If there are any duplicates, the earliest post will be the winner.

Predicted Lineups:

Krul              Randolph

Aarons         Ayala

Hanley          Flint

Klose            Fry

Lewis            Shotton

Tettey           Friend

Leitner          Clayton

Buendia         Howson

Pukki             Besic

Hernandez    Braithwaite

Rhodes          Assombalonga

Questions

Will any of the new signings start in this game?

What are your score predictions and who will be the first goalscorer?

Will Rhodes continue the proud tradition of former strikers scoring against us?

When was the last time you played god?

How long can we keep this unbeaten run going?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great thread mate, long may this run continue.

I don't think so. I think we'll see Braithwaite come back in though.

What are your score predictions?

1-0 to Norwich, guess who?

This guy. Definitely a single Rhodes goal deciding this game. Has Rhodes actually scored against us before, mind?

I play God every day.

I'm predicting a narrow loss for this so I think this will be the end.

i doubt it, unless we pick up injuries during the week, saville, mcnair, hugill from the bench maybe.

What are your score predictions and who will be the first goalscorer?

not sure what will happen in this game. have to expect us to be tight and not make mistakes, work hard and create pressure from set plays especially. if norwich continue to make mistakes at the back we will win. but they have had a couple of weeks to work on any issues they have. i think it has a pulis 1-0 all over it. need to take our chances when they come.

no chance imo. hes a spent force (did i just curse us)

-------------------------------------------

a while yet, but we need to keep the exceptional workrate and desire levels high as i'm sure this will see us over the line most weeks.

Great op Foogle. Hope you get as long a run as Wilson!

Will any of the new signings start in this game? Nope.

What are your score predictions and who will be the first goalscorer? 2-1 Boro. Assombalonga to score first

Will Rhodes continue the proud tradition of former strikers scoring against us? Nope.

When was the last time you played god? I played him at scrabble last week. He kept making words up and claimed he was 'allowed to'

How long can we keep this unbeaten run going? 5.4 weeks

Great to once again have a match day thread. It gets so dull during the breaks. Lots of games coming up and I hope you can keep it going till the next break Foogle.

Will any of the new signings start in this game? Don't think we will see them start. Think the only change will be Braithwaite to start. Could be for Downing or Pulis could move Downing to wing back and drop Friend. Britt certainly needs Braithwaite besides him as he was missed against Leeds.

What are your score predictions and who will be the first goalscorer? 2-0 to Boro. Braithwaite and Britt to score in the first half.

Will Rhodes continue the proud tradition of former strikers scoring against us? Nope.

When was the last time you played god? Just last week when I decided against putting down a pigeon baby even though I hate the damn things. Rats with wings.

How long can we keep this unbeaten run going? 666 minutes.

Just read that Leeds will be missing Roofe on saturday and with Bamford out they don't have a striker with championship experience. Going to a tough game at Milwall. Beat Norwich and we could very well be top dog.

Just read that Leeds will be missing Roofe on saturday and with Bamford out they don't have a striker with championship experience. Going to a tough game at Milwall. Beat Norwich and we could very well be top dog.

They're also missing Hernandez and Berardi, although I think Janssen is a better CB choice against a physical Millwall side anyway. Still think Leeds will have too much for them in Midfield, Millwall are not on a good run.

As a squad I think the only place Boro would really suffer is if Randolph got injured. Think we have depth in every other position in our current formation.

They're also missing Hernandez and Berardi, although I think Janssen is a better CB choice against a physical Millwall side anyway. Still think Leeds will have too much for them in Midfield, Millwall are not on a good run.

As a squad I think the only place Boro would really suffer is if Randolph got injured. Think we have depth in every other position in our current formation.

Thought we really missed Braithwaite against Leeds. Granted it was a very tough game but if he gets an injury I don’t think we have a natural successor. Although I would like to see Hugill and Britt on at the same time.

I agree we don't have a direct replacement for Braithwaite, but we have 4 other senior strikers and Saville and McNair that could probably play the second striker role. We could say that about most of our positions, even if we got two injuries in the same place we would probably manage to plug the gap with senior professionals.

Whereas Leeds are having to start unproven academy players after two striker injuries. I think overall our squad depth is immense in a 3-5-2.

I hope we can continue where we left off before the break.

We have good strength in depth to cover the three games a week periods,that should stand us well.

Norwich is never an easy place to go but if we are seriously looking at automatic promotion then these are the games we need to win.

C'mon Boro. Fancy Flint first goal scorer.