• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-pulis-middlesbroughs-bad-defending-15155855

He's right on Fry/Friend for their goal, right on a lot of things to be honest we did build pressure in the first 20 minutes with throw ins/set pieces then we fell off. He loses me at the penalty claim as exculpatory and I kind of agree on the amateur Shakespeare company in yellow shirts I mean you get used to it but they were holding faces at every tackle still not an excuse for us being poor on set pieces/on the ball.

I'm guessing his behind the scenes assessment is more damning but we have an experienced dressing room anyway you'd think we'll turn up vs Bolton hopefully we rout and dominate them with Braithwaite back in the line up.

So did boro get a red card in the end then? I know what happened with the Norwich red, but the Boro red seems to have been erased from the annals...

I was wondering about that Sky never reported a boro or Norwich sending off from what i saw and bbc website doesnt say anyone got sent off on their website. Was that a wind up?

I wouldn't worry, we'll beat Bolton fairly easily.

Not if we dont set up to beat them we wont ... its ok giving sides like leeds and west brom respect because they have quality and will come at us in a game. We should be looking to beat teams like these and get on the front foot from the start, norwich have been horrible to watch this season by there own fans admissions and we just made them look good.  If we play negative against bolton and bolton come at us they might just shock us particularly if they get the first goal.

i suspect it wont happen given the current management style and subsequent type of squad/first 11 but it would make a nice change to go into away games with a proactive attitude rather than  what we continously adopt  which more often than not results in outcomes like todays . were not supposed to be the inferior team in this division  so it seems akin to constantly handing the initiative to the opponents .  thats what is  frustrating  .

I hate going to Norwich we set up too defensive and not anywhere near offensive as we should.

After their goal we never got back into it nor seemed to give any real effort to do so.

Reminded me of the bad days under Karanka.

Far too many below par performances and if Britt had been on side for a change the red card would have stood.

We need to get back to scoring goals (preferably the first) again

Good to see Edinboro and son, rich and son, boro86 and son

I absolutely refuse to start with the "pulis out" stuff. I have never been a fan (in fact quite the opposite) but he had set the team up quite well so far this season.

However, today was poor. Really poor. And the set up which seems to work well has been forgotten. I previously mentioned that the gamechangers that materialised after the millwall game have been moved aside for no real reason. This seems to be the case. Very one dimensional. Very defensive. Very uninspiring.

The hope is obviously that pulis can get back to what we were doing well, and given the start to the season he deserves the full support of the fans. However, more performances like this will have fans turning quickly. Some have said that boring and negativity is ok if we are winning. However, without the W this style will do anything but keep the fans on side.

I absolutely refuse to start with the "pulis out" stuff. I have never been a fan (in fact quite the opposite) but he had set the team up quite well so far this season.

However, today was poor. Really poor. And the set up which seems to work well has been forgotten. I previously mentioned that the gamechangers that materialised after the millwall game have been moved aside for no real reason. This seems to be the case. Very one dimensional. Very defensive. Very uninspiring.

The hope is obviously that pulis can get back to what we were doing well, and given the start to the season he deserves the full support of the fans. However, more performances like this will have fans turning quickly. Some have said that boring and negativity is ok if we are winning. However, without the W this style will do anything but keep the fans on side.

Very fair and balanced post tudders. Fair play

I find it interesting a few times I've heard people mention Pulis stumbled and got lucky with our success playing the wingback/unorthodox formation we played with before Leeds.

They got critised for it but it's looking pretty ominous after the Leeds and Norwich games. Looks to me like he can't wait to switch back to his much loved plodder style.

I'm not buying the defensive approach against Leeds if I'm honest. If Braithwaite was ok to be on the bench he should have been starting, same as Norwich. It's hardly like we lose defensively with him anyways as he's a solid grafter. He's become our most important player given our inept transfer window.